Unai Emery

Because it is a 2-leg game where defending is important, but not that important in the end. Scoring is more important, imo.

1 Like

won’t disagree

Just outscore the opponents :mustafi:

how good was our attack against West Ham?

Do people here think it is 100% necessary to win the Europa this season, else we’ll fall off a cliff into some sort of Sunderland/Villa/Leeds oblivion? Europa or bust?

I’ve heard it a few times but never really subscribed to it. Liverpool went 5 or 6 seasons being choked of the supposed lifeblood that is CL participation but they came back with a canny choice of manager, wise investment and trading off the name of their club.

That’s my point really, I think once you get past a certain level now, a club can just become too big to fail and will always be within a few years max. of getting itself back into top level contention, with a few shrewd appointments and a bit of good fortune. Arsenal is one of those clubs, we’re too big an institution in 2019 to fall away.

I know Chelsea finished 10th one season not long back but I truly think that’s an exception. Then they bounced back. I can’t see Arsenal falling below 6th for years going into the future*, whilst on the other hand we still have the potential to be on the backs of Man City in the not too distant future

*unless a billionaire buys out a west ham or an Everton I guess and creates a ‘big 7’ ‘big 8’ overnight

4 Likes

I highly doubt it, I’ve not heard anyone be nearly that overly dramatic.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Unai looking #fresh here

4 Likes

It was shit because we need to go back to a 4-2-3-1 formation. The 3-5-2 might make us more solid, but we lost power upfront.

Then why Emery has to insist on using 3-5-2?
If our players are not for 3-5-2 why not playing 4-2-3-1 (or whatever fits them) at this moment, go through a couple of windows and get your own players then switch to 3-5-2 at that time?

I believe this is more Emery’s issue than other.
If playing 4-2-3-1, he has to play Ozil, which he doesn’t want to.

Maybe because we have missed our first choices full backs recently: Bellerin and Monreal. They are important to our play.

We have played 4-2-3-1 even without Ozil, tbh.

No matter what, Ozil is the best option to lead the attack from midfield.
No excuse.

1 Like

That’s true, but our formation doesn’t depend on Ozil, imo.

1 Like

sad… rely on Mhki, IWOBI… tragic

Yep so let’s just hope we avoid Chelsea and Napoli, because United’s toughest opponents were a young Ajax side.

Apart from Chelsea all other teams in Europa play a more subdued game that’s why I think we could progress with our defence at present, but it not good enough for the Prem and we need to work on it this season to be ready next.
We have attacking options up front we have pretty good midfield players, it’s from midfield back we look shacky. Put a sweeper between midfield and the back four and we might be able to break up play before teams are on us.

1 Like

Big Emery special on SkySports

3 Likes

Is it “run a lot”

3 Likes

Not for @Calum and @Electrifying.

It’s a new day mate try and focus on actually contributing to the discussion :slight_smile:

F365 with another top read

3 Likes