Unai Emery

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can we please start playing from the first minute? Thanks. Fed up with conceding a whole half to our opponents.

Still lots of work to do as we all know and it wouldn’t fix itself over night, we have still conceded 13 goals in 10 games which is piss poor if you want to be a top side.

3 Likes

Today some of these interesting decisions Emery has been making finally came back to bite us in the ass. Taking off Özil and Auba our two main creative forces far too early only up one goal was stupid, and Xhaka at LB is just dumb af. He is pretty decent at FKs but fuck me he’s shit everywhere else.

2 Likes

Not sure how I feel about his suit jacket over a zip up cardigan set up. What’s wrong with a sleeping bag jacket Unai?

Full zip fleeces :nauseated_face:

Half zip or nothing really

Despite that, he is very good at changing the games, something Wenger could only dream of.

2 Likes

Almost sounds like you were waiting for this to happen, the way you say “finally”, like there was an inevitability to it. Strange comment.

I think the Xhaka at LB thing was obviously forced on him. I guess Xhaka being left footed was the only reason he played there. Yes we were vulnerable down that side, but I think our overall play was not at the level it has been recently and that was the reason for the result. We were just not good enough going forward, which is our strength.

Our defensive weaknesses and our slow starts to the game our still problems but I am not complaining because I have a feeling Emery will fix the later in the coming games as he has already spoken about it. Overall, I am pleased with how well we are doing.

We didn’t lose away to Crystal Palace, which is something that would have been considered a great result last season.
Emery has won nearly as many games away from home, in this winning run, as we did all last season, with almost the same players.

He has also got us playing some great football and the players are playing with more urgency and desire, which is something Wenger used to claim we did but in reality didn’t happen.

Our defence isn’t great, but considering we have players like Mustafi and Xhaka gifting the opposition a goal nearly every game, Emery has done brilliantly with the team with some of the poor defenders he has had at his disposal.

When he has shifted some of them, and brought in his own players, then we can see what he is capable of.

2 Likes

22 out of 10 is nothing to complain about. We pretty much played teams from all levels too. I hope though that this 2-2 is not the beginning of some sort of regression to the mean when you look at our perfomances.

1 Like

Don’t think so. I am sure Emery is gonna demand a big response on saturday.

Given the squad he has got to work with, I think he is doing a great job. 10 Wins and now a draw, which arguably last season would have been a hopeless loss away from home under Wenger.

Our defence is suspect and paper thin, which definitely needs sorting out, but we must do with what we have got until January anyway.

Our attack is looking good. Players look like they give a feck. Xhaka running to Emery is a sign this manager is firing them up. Auba joint top scorer of the EPL.

There are many many positives. United under Mourinho’s 3rd season are absolute crap and have invested a feck load of money, they can complain. We can rejoice so far that we are not stuck now with Mikel fucking Arteta and instead have got a decent manager in who wants to prove himself.

8 Likes

man it’s really nice that we have an astute enough manager that “getting bit in the ass” results in an away point instead of say…getting beat 8-2 by a “rival”.

3 Likes

You and Aussie are so biased towards him it’s unreal. He looked completely knackered and him coming off was no surprise.

2 Likes

Lol myself and @BigWeng_4LYFE have always said Aubameyang is world class and superior to Lacazette that’s all, whilst a fair few have debated that. A goal every 104 mins since joining in Jan sure is doing the talking since he joined, no need for myself or A4TT to do it I suppose.

1 Like

No one debated against Auba being superior.

Yeah who argued against that?

In their mind. They can’t have a good word said for Lacazette

3 Likes

Several people said similar level of player.

I feel like we had this conversation before.

There is no ‘several’, there are no ‘many’
If the games are still being won, No Arsenal fan will give a shit if Emery starts Aubameyang ahead of Lacazette tomorrow.

1 Like