Unai Emery

Unai Emery making Arsenal Great Again. What a boss.

Gotta hand it to the guy, last 2 performances have actually been great. I was very sceptical before that as I thought we were faking it till we got our faces slapped as we were dominated by every side. It seems that the winning flue is back in the team though now and that’s a fantastic thing to have. COYG!

Fulham was, but Leicester was not in my opinion. Like against Watford it should have 0-2 by half time and Holding should have had red probably. Leicester also hit the bar in the second half. They need to get better.

2 Likes

What Emery has done is take the same players we had and turned them into a more efficient and ruthless unit.
Last season, the same players looked lazy and complacent and this season they look like they want to play for the manager and there is a lot more urgency.

There have been games on this run where we have possibly not deserved to win, but in previous seasons we never looked like winning just three or four in a row, let alone ten matches.

We have also won three PL games away from home already, last season we only won four away all season.
So whatever Emery has done, it’s not only different, which is what I wanted, it’s seems to be working.

1 Like
13 Likes

Done all right

“we’re gonna win with healthcare”

Even that bloody works. :laughing:

4 Likes

I love how he uses Instagram and Twitter regularly. :heart_eyes:

#ThatsMyManager

Don’t quote me on this but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t run his instagram account

3 Likes

One thing I love that he does is keep playing his in-form players no matter the competition. Even tonight Laca and Iwobi both came off the bench. Wenger used to rest too many players for EL etc, killing momentum. It’s underrated how it effects players having to miss games.

10 Likes

He makes change and we still win. Wenger made changes, but we didn’t always manage to win :unai:

1 Like

We made the semis last year with changes.

1 Like

You don’t have to defend Wenger at every opportunity haha

He’s surely giving great halftime speeches, not the same team out there in the second half.

2 Likes

Nuno the fucker manager of the month for september? Fucking cunts! The King should get this price every month :unai:

I just hope all this optimism and support for our new manager continues when (not if) things don’t go our way.

3 Likes

This is the thing @sunny310c

Given the way we start our first halves, there’s a very real chance Liverpool could hand our arses to us. (Although we are due a win against them, big time. It’ll be an interesting game)

However, it’ll be how we bounce back that counts. I’m sure Emery has “won over” support by now to be given the benefit of the doubt. Going into the game after a defeat, he’ll have the fans singing his name.

I know it was just the start of the season, but we have had a fantastic reaction after losing to City and Chelsea.

1 Like

Emery has identified our slow starts as a problem and has asked the team to improve their first half performances. Isn’t that refreshing? I mean, for once, we have a manager who sees things like we do and reacts to them immediately. As for Liverpool, as good as they are, if we can keep our winning streak going getting into that game, I think we will cause them problems. And yes, I think the fans will be behind Emery no matter what, for a reasonable amount of time (hopefully). Let’s not forget how long we supported Wenger, before finally deciding that we needed a change.

Agreed. Barring an absolute horror show against Liverpool like getting beaten by a cricket score, I don’t think the Liverpool result will affect the general feeling of optimism and hope in the fans and around the club.

1 Like

Makes it a lot easier to take a loss vs the top teams when we’re not dropping points to the lower teams.

4 Likes