Unai Emery

Yeah for sure, Wenger’s management style is terrible for the large majority of our players. We simply can’t compete in the transfer market for the top talent and IQ guys anymore. So these lower level players that don’t have much football intelligence need to really be well drilled.

Can you go and troll somewhere else. Everyone is bored of you :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

3 Likes

Having a manager that uses Twitter >

15 Likes

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.

Fair play to him 2 months in, 18/24 in the league, 2/2 in Europa & through in the LC, with our squad you really can’t expect any better than that…

8 Likes

The effort and enthusiasm he puts in I think is really starting to rub off on the players now. The confidence is returning and everyone seems much happier. Some players were utterly lost under Wenger and looked like they needed selling, but now under Emery are flourishing.

It’s also kinda maddening that we persisted with Wenger for those extra few seasons like we did, but thank god the change finally happened and now it feels good to look forward to Football again under Emery.

Next few games should be doable on results, I really can’t wait to see what we do against Liverpool start of November.

7 Likes

“the Arsenal”

Oh, Unai. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

This is a likeable team. A likeable manager.

Idiots like Tony Gale and Stuart Robson will always exist but for the vast majority of our existence the media didn’t hate us and that tide will soon turn and we’ll hear less and less from them because there’s no point having them there hating away if we all basically don’t give a fuck because we are either winning, playing with an identity or just enjoying being Arsenal fans again.

There’s a long way for this team to go but I’m seriously enjoying the Emery train so far.

14 Likes

Aren’t we all !
Great post

Lacazette’s face :joy:

2 Likes

:giroud2:

Is it is official account? :slight_smile:

Yeah. He uses Instagram aswell hah #thatsmymanager

1 Like

Being 2 points off top after 8 and with a very difficult start, including latest streak of 9 in a row… c’mon people, nobody expected this… I can see the big doubters moving goalposts already. Top 4 this year would still be big achievement and was best case pretty much for this year when season started.

We were how many points back last year?

6 Likes

No and he’s done very well but Liverpool and City have had a harder start. Liverpool have already got Spurs, City, Chelsea out the way. City have played Liverpool and us away. And Chelsea have had us and Liverpool.

United have had by far the easiest start though so they sort of look well off the pace.

Big tests will be the big games and maintaining momentum going forward. Next big one is Liverpool at home, which if you’re in a title race you should be winning.

1 Like

But we have no business being in title race after finishing 30+ points behind with 3 extremely strong teams plus Utd and Spurs to contend with is my point. Liverpool are at an absolute peak right now and City are still Peps City and Chelsea look very very strong with the Prem’s Messi playing for them.

All I am saying is that 9 in a row and in the thick of the race after 8 is above anyone’s reasonable expectation.

New manager, new system, inferior squad to other top 4-5, lots of questions after last year… the results are impressive.

While I am not yet sold on our overall play, the points and results are really good… and our streak is excellent.

7 Likes

Social Manager :unai:

Nah. I consider myself a big doubter. The goal remains, and will remain, Europa League victory. If he manages to get 75+ points he had a very good first season.

Cup competitions are a bit of a crap shoot. I think you have to look at whole season and all cups it totality. I’d love to win Euro but odds aren’t that we will, especially given that a good team or two will inevitably drop from CL.

2 Likes

If all goes well the best too drop is going to be Tottenham Hotspur tho. I think Cup competitions offer a coach more time too prepare for those games since they know when they will play which team.

I’ve said if before btw. Last season we were really bad, but last season is not representative for the quality of this squad. We should be better than last season.