Unai Emery

The great thing about all this, is that for several seasons we have been a team going nowhere, apart from down, and after a few games this season we actually look like we are heading in the opposite direction, and with almost the same players Wenger had.

All I wanted was something different, and after seeing the performances since the game against Man City, no one can argue that we look completely different under Emery.

We’re scoring loads of goals, the predictability of our stagnant play has gone, and we’re winning away from home the way a top club should.

It might not be convincing, especially our defence, but no one can argue with a nine match winning streak.

3 Likes

UNAI EMERY.

So happy this all came about. Imagine we were stuck with Mikel fucking Arteta.

9 Likes

I hope not, we fuck up our formation trying to accomodate Ramsey.
We looked so smooth today without any player being out of position.

1 Like

@Electrifying explain this :mustafi:. You wanted :arteta: here :arteta:

Played some proper fluid football as a whole when he came on though. :thinking:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves though. I still believe he has to address these lacklustre first halves we’re having. If we keep trying to feel the opponent out, so to speak, and almost take a european approach to these games, we’ll come unstuck very soon

1 Like

It’s still early days, but the important part I feel like is that we avoided that Moyes situation Man Utd that set them back so much. Emery is already getting more out of some players that was already here and our new signings are not looking too shabby either.

Emery looks like he starting to put the pieces together, good to see.

7 Likes

I like him, he just seems a genuinely decent guy…his interview the way he speaks his english how hrd he tries and how thoughtful he is, i think he is a top man hope we can make him successful because he deserves it.

2 Likes

Yes I genuinely believe we avoided that disaster.
We need a steady handling of affairs and we are doing exactly that.

1 Like

He may have been good :giroud: :kos2:

Ok wee.

:arteta:

9 Likes

I hate pashun merchant managers but I can’t help but enjoy how animated Emery is on the touchline

12 Likes

3 Likes

Fair play to Emery. You can’t really fault this start. Okay you can because the football was a bit horrible at times, but 18/24 is just a good start. Long may this continu.

1 Like

We will make a believer out of you yet :unai:

Love how animatef he is!! Giving instructions.

Wenger just kneeled and smelled the grass.

2 Likes

I’ll become a believer if we become a contender, this year or the next. Otherwise he meets my expectations perfectly :wink:.

Credit to the gaffer for winning the matches we should be winning against the teams with inferior talent. The real test will come when we play against another top side, but imo our talent is a lot weaker than the other top teams so you can’t blame him too much. 4th place is probably our level, if he can manage us higher than that I’d say he’s done a stellar job.

1 Like

You mean the games Wenger lost throughout last season?

8 Likes