Unai Emery

I assume that a manager will be able to throw out a few names of specific players he wants, and provided that the DoF agrees that they’re a good fit, he’ll try to get them. But that broadly speaking, the manager and him will discuss what the squad needs and a specific set of attributes the player must have and that he will then go and try to get players who match that description.

I feel like this is how it should work anyway.

I don’t know here but when Emery was coaching both Valencia and Sevilla, he didn’t have much saying about the transfer policy. He saw how best players were all sold and never complained about it.

It seems more like the kind of coach that works with what they provide for him and doesn’t add much to the transfer approach.

But Emery is our head coach, not the manager. It’s a bit different, as i think he has less power.

No doubt but I’d assume the role of DoF only really makes sense if you’re working with the manager too. He needs to identify what kind of players he needs in order to his system to be successful.

I’ve been impressed that he’s distilled fight into them even though they haven’t played that great, still think our best game was when we lost to Chelsea, a game we should have won. But it’s a good sign that we’re winning when we’re not playing great.

I don’t think this side is too far away from competing. Up forward we’re stacked, I’d get Welbeck signed up as he could do a job in the cups and the odd league game. We badly need a winger who goes at a defence and chips in with a good amount of goals would be nice. Midfield wise we’re stacked too, buy in someone to replace Ramsey and we be sorted there. Center Back, Holding is a talent and will be a top class defender one day. Mustafi needs to be sold for me, he’s a disaster on that field. Kos is finished sadly. A top class Center back would be another piece of the jigsaw fitted in. Also with youngsters like Nelson, Smith Rowe and Maitland Niles hopefully stepping up to first team squad and having a bigger impact on the team.

I don’t know if we win the PL but getting top 4 and giving the PL a go is doable. This season I’m just happy we’re not been beat or draw most weeks.

3 Likes

Get voting :grinning:

2 Likes

He has always won in all the competitions so he has to win it.

arsenal twitter r.n.

5 Likes

Yeah, Wenger’s trainings were too hard. It isn’t a case we got many injuries under him.

Gee, we play have been playing shite football since the start of the season but we’ve been so damn lucky it’s unreal. We used to create close or over 20 chances before and couldn’t score enough to save our lives. Now we barely create 3-4 serious chances(proper Wengerball though, or Emeryball :thinking:) per game and we either score them all or at least close to that. I’m worried when it runs out but the fact of the matter is, we’re racking 3 points left, right and center and nobody is even smelling a thing. If this keeps on with big oppositions then we really need to start considering a Leicester 15-16 league challenge.

Which one is more apt?

:unai:

or

:arteta:

7 Likes

The GOAT at subs :giroud2: :giroud3:

Literally every change he has made has worked, aside from maybe Chelsea game.

4 Likes

Yeah, maybe we are still not perfect, but you can clearly see there is a direction in this team.
For example, how many times did we switch flanks under Wenger to cut the opponents in twice? That’s something i have barely seen under Wenger.

I think it’s safe to say Emery’s winning the league in his first season

All we need to do is keep winning every game.

9 Likes

Also good for momentum and team spirit I think. Welbeck for example did reasonably well today but only got 60 minutes but that means that Auba gets 30 so both can feel like they really did something this game, rather than he played and I was dropped which a more ruthless manager might do and which I can imagine grates on players, especially the players like Welbeck who in another side would be getting 8 minutes when Auba had got 82.

I haven’t got the sense so far that anyone’s really been “dropped” by Emery. Maybe it won’t work longer term but right now I like it.

2 Likes

Record points.

Good point he has not burned any bridges with any player.

Enjoying the predatory instinct he is instilling in the team.

Still trying to score at 92 minutes plus despite being 5 -1 up, no fucking hand break in sight.

3 Likes

Which is why Ramsey’s future at Arsenal isn’t as doomed as it looks. I think he might end up pleading for a new contract given a new, blossoming relationship with his team mates and manager.

That’s all thanks to Emery