Unai Emery

Ben Arfa is a cunt, failed career himself

1 Like

Please give me some reason to be excited about this.

Ffs

Sounds like we got proper roasted off PSG.
They take the manager that would be perfect for us, and hand us their sloppy seconds.

Ffs

Gazidis you prick

1 Like

It shouldn’t be shocking. Our reputation in European football is dire. Most clubs and agents didn’t even want to do business with us.

This will be a nice thing to worry about next time we reach quarter finals of the champions league…

It’s a bit difficult when you’re one year into a 2 year deal and you’re given the world’s most expensive player as well as dealing with all the other moving parts.

How can you not realise that?

WTF happened to every manager in the world wanting to take this job after Wenger? :expressionless:

2 Likes

I can, however, the team he has is a great one and better managers would have got more out of them.

Doesn’t seem like he’s a great man manager either in addition to some other flaws, hardly a match made in heaven.

This is the best the club could do? With the likes of Jardim out there, really?

If people actually analyse his record across his career, it’s pretty good at teams that aren’t PSG also.

We wanted experience, we got it and we certainly could have appointed worse managers in the pool that we had available this summer. Just support him now.

Went a whole year without winning an away game Uno…

Doesn’t speak English well. If speaking English wasn’t a requirement, why didn’t they go for Jardim??!!

God I want that bald bastards head on a plate if this goes awry

I get what those who like him are saying, but it still seems such a dull appointment.

And some are saying the only reason he didn’t win the league last season was because Monaco were so good – so why not go for the guy who outdid him with a load of youths instead then?!

2 Likes

One of the biggest issues that needs to be resolved here is the soft mentality of the players, I don’t see Emery as the man to bring out genuine change in that respect.

He doesn’t quite seem to command the respect of the managers to level required here, man I’m so down on this shit.

1 Like

Left out the full quote

5 Likes

You seen his away record at Sevilla?

Needed change. One reason I wanted Simeone was bc I always felt THE next guy would be transitional and we just needed some short-term wrecking ball… I am not excited, but I was dreading Arteta. Club better spend this summer to get people excited again, but no way could we have kept on.

I’m not sure there is an available manager out there who would get me very excited. The last 2 contract renewals for Wenger saw us miss out on Klopp, Pep and Tuchel. Other than Enrique, Arteta and Emery, the managers names that have been thrown around would have to leave positions that offer more. Arsenal barely qualified for the EL this season. We almost ended up in a position where we would’ve had to qualify through play-offs because Burnley was breathing down our necks. Would you leave Juventus for the mess that’s at Arsenal. The new system is a welcomed change, but we don’t know how it will workout. Whilst I don’t want another manager to have the power Wenger had, I do think a manager should have some say in transfers. He will need players that will fit his system.

5 Likes

I really don’t think this logic ever made any sense whatsoever…

This is exactly the most boring appointment they could make. What is so exciting about Unai fucking Emery?

We needed a coach who could grow with the club in the post-Wenger era and build something.

Dick Emery?

I’d rather have Rodgers over Emery.

2 Likes

This is not going anywhere. Any possible nuance is crushed out of existence. No meta world so we’ll never know who would do better…