Unai Emery

Mate, come on. You’re better than that

You have to be incredibly obtuse to think I was making a comparison between the two. My point was that even the best manager in the world took a season to get his side up and running when he came into this league, so expecting Emery to make a huge impact in one season is silly.

1 Like

I’m really not.

6 Likes

Exactly, Which is why most of us aren’t calling for Emery to be sacked. I’m willing to give him time… But I’m not going to suck his dick either. He hasn’t really fixed anything yet and our defensive frailty is still very pronounced. I’ve not seen anything to get me excited. I’m not asking for his head, but I don’t have to sing his praises either.

1 Like

AC’s shit-posting followed up with self-victimisation because Emery hasn’t turned out to be a complete disaster followed up with him struggling to understand why people are responding to his nonsense approach the way they are is starting to be a tad sad. Give it a rest.

3 Likes

He’s set the bar much lower than that. :mkhi:

(Just realised I didn’t click like on it. Remedied.)

1 Like

Wenger had lost the dressing room, Alexis was souring the dressing room, the players had stopped showing up away from home, morale was in the gutter and no one, Wenger included, any longer believed in the project. At home I heard it reported we had the same points as our invincible season, which doesn’t sound right but if true says allot about the poor attitude towards the end.

The team were better than that points total, there was always going to be a rebound of sorts if the new boss got them believing in a project again.

1 Like

Yea I can’t imagine anyone really has any issues with this point of view.

1 Like

Most yanks I know didn’t think Yaya Sanogo was the next Pele :arteta:

4 Likes

:popcorn:.

1 Like

I hear what you’re saying, there’s some validity to it. But I do view it slightly differently. I still think last season takes some fixing without a significant squad overhaul, but you’re possibly right about a new manager rebound effect being a thing.

I just want to give the guy every chance and I accept that might colour things a bit for me. But I was never hugely excited by his appointment, so I also don’t feel the need to overly defend him either, as I might do if I was one of his cheerleaders.

This thread will be fun to read in the morning. Good night everyone. Godspeed and let De Ligt be with you.

1 Like

Yes, and my point was that your “point” is, in effect, pointless, because the projects are in no way similar, because of the major differences mentioned by yours truly. You’d have to be incredibly obtuse to not realise this is the case. :slight_smile:

:joy:

Actually, 90% of my post was actual substantive discussion, 10% at most was slating. The 10% has got a 100% of the response from you mods.

People might be making a genuine effort to contribute to the forum, but tbh you lot are basically responsible for the decline in the quality of the forum by fostering a certain type of discussion and not another, and a lot of that has to do with mods being less likely to contradict ridiculous statements others make, or even support them, and indeed the control of the forum being put in the hands of posters who really, well, aren’t very good.

Show me where I’ve self-victimised…I always call out bullshit when I see it. I don’t have any need to self-victimise and haven’t done so.

Also, don’t misquote me. I never said the Emery era would be a complete disaster. What I predicted the Emery era to be is precisely what it is at the moment. I said the Emery choice was a disaster, and a sad moment, for very very different reasons.

1 Like

@DavidHillier to answer you seriously. I wouldn’t respond to a poster I dislike by saying “fuck off the forum you cunt” for no reason.

But if someone seems to slag off the forum and the majority of posters on almost every occasion on which they rarely post, I think it’s perfectly valid to suggest that they could just fuck off if they think the whole place is so shit.

I think that’s an entirely reasonable thing to say and I stand by it.

2 Likes

What percentage of this post was substantive discussion, and what percentage was slating?

If you want to talk about the decline of discourse, look at yourself perhaps. I once voted for you as poster of the year, perhaps more than once in fact. Many others who slate you also would have done too, and most people who now dislike the way you go on seem to acknowledge that you were once one of the best posters on here full stop. That’s how I used to think of you.

So what’s more likely, that we’ve all unfairly changed our opinion of you, or that you’ve started acting like a bit of a prick?

Seriously, if you think the level of conversation is so shit, why not make an effort to change it instead of trolling or slagging everyone off? Because you’re capable of so much better than what you’ve offered in the last six months, and you obviously like this place on some level because you’re still here courting attention and controversy.

I think is time to shit or get off the pot. Complain about the level of discourse, fine, but at least do something to try and fix it. But if you aren’t interested in doing that, you seriously might as well just leave the forum to those of us who still enjoy it.

What do you think?

5 Likes

Wow. You just walked in an shit all over a not insignificant portion of fans. What I find most fascinating is the amount of self-hate rolled up into that one grammatically criminal sentence.

2 Likes

The scariest part about you asking him this question is that we know he genuinely believes the former. Its just the way his minds works, it’s not even worth arguing anymore.

1 Like

There is a reason I used the word “almost” here. And, no, there is no self-hate, I am indeed 50% yank, and having lived half of my life in yankeelandia I know full well how frustrating it is speaking football with yanks vs. europeans–the more they think the know, often, the more frustrating, as in the case of people like GreatWhite–is.

Mate, I have made basically three posts in the last 6 months. Read those three posts, see how much of it can reasonably be called substantial football discussion, and see how much of that was responded to (here’s a hint: like 0%).

If you think me pointing this–“That a comment like that about Poch can fly and even be approved of, that not one other person but SDGooner is mentioning how our point total belies our performance levels (and that no one has provided the analytical data behind it), that the competitive climate has somehow been completely ignored…is really pretty damning.”–out has nothing to do with me wanting the level of discussion to improve, well, you are wrong.

Or maybe–shock and awe!!!–it’s a combination of both. Or even, let’s posit a truly revolutionary thesis here, declining discourse–>increased frustration, more alienating language from yours truly—>more inflammatory/aggressive discussion–>people liking me less

Add in the rather embarrassing mod dynamic around here, where people like SCRJJ and Gladiator openly make entirely ridiculous remarks without being called out in the least, or are even defended, and well…

Yeah I’ve reached a point where I have no interest in entertaining this guy anymore. It speaks volumes about him that he has such a strong opinion on how shit this place is yet he keeps popping back in to remind us of this fact.

2 Likes

Yep, and guess when this forum is full of the most shit? Whenever Abou Diaby’s face pops up.

2 Likes