UEFA Nations League

Against Faroe Island a dozen times, must be

Yeah it’s an overload of football but I suppose with how much these guys get paid they just kind of go with it.

England :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

He played about 150 games but I always find it insane some of the names Robbie Keane is ahead of on the International scoring list. Our next best after Keane on 68 is Niall Quinn on 21.

Decent I guess. Defensively secure and compact. Some good blocks and tackles. Offensively they offered very little.

1 Like

We concede too easily. Poland had two chances or so and scored twice. Same with Wales. Fortunately we can outscore them, but we must start getting better at keeping clean sheets.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

The ideal situation would be for Southgate to go to spurs, when Conte leaves, and continue his successful partnership with Kane.

5 Likes

well… it all depends on opponents also… a bit misleading

Who’s the main CBs these days ?

They’ve been 3 at the back recently. Suits de Vrij as he is used to that at Inter. And VVD will always be a constant. Ake seems to be getting a look in too. And Martins Indi played v Wales.

2 Likes

Yeah we need to work on our defence, but we’ve rotated heavily at the back whilst implementing a new system. So I’m not too worried.

We sent VVD on holiday after the first Nations League match.

I’d love a De Vrij - VVD - De Ligt back three. But it’ll probably be Ake for De Ligt as he’s the only decent left-footed CB we have.

Can’t believe how stocked we are at CB. Timber is the next best thing and I rate Teze highly too.

1 Like

Looks more promising than what England have to offer. England have a lot of amazing attackers (though you wouldn’t know it from recent games). We have 27 decent right backs. But the rest of our defence and our midfield needs a push.

2 Likes

Right now I believe Van Dijk is injured so we have seen a variety of CBs starting for The Netherlands in these nations league matches.

De Ligt, De Vrij, Teze, Ake, more winger but also defenders: Blind and Dumfries

Ah that’s it!

Such fond memories of this game. Mostly because I was at a family wedding at a fancy countryside manor house type venue, at which I had my own room to stay in for the night. As an enterprising eleven year old chap, I charged a tenner on the door to let drunk guests watch on my little telly. Business started slow enough, but as the goals went in and news filtered through, more and more people made their way up to my room and fewer and fewer people were around for the best man’s speech :grin:

Pocketed in excess of a hundred quid, though I did end up having to share that with my siblings. I couldn’t really complain, as I was absolutely certain my dad was gonna lose his shit and not let me keep a penny of it lol

2 Likes

Germany still testing?

I completely forgot we were about to get relegated in this :ozil:

Those two testing positive shows a need for continued testing by Germany.

On ITV4 if anyone is interested