UEFA Europa League

I want deep cup runs and to get closer to City next season.

1 Like

Knockout round playoffs?

Yeah, it’s the extra round.

2nd place vs CL 3rd

You really want to top your group now.

3 Likes

Interesting, missed that change compeletly

It’s how we had the Napoli (2nd) -Barcelona(CL 3rd) matchup and Dortmund (CL 3rd) being knocked out by Rangers (2nd).

Yeah def need to top the group now.

Decent change

6 Likes

We’ll be playing every midweek Spurs are playing also.

Be interesting to see how we cope when players like Tomiyasu, Tierney and Partey could only manage 20 games this season playing once a week.

1 Like

Well, the good thing for us is that we can actually rotate.
Cedric, Holding, Elneny, Lokonga and others should be able to fill in.
Whereas Spurs and Chelsea will have to use pretty much the same players twice a week.

Shad has been sacked, better days are coming fitness wise

Wouldn’t shock me if he was exposed on the upcoming doc

Depending on the group we get players those types of guys might not be enough to top it.

Maybe, been enough in previous years though.
We put out some weak ass teams last season in the group stages and we just breezed past them.
Willock, ESR(before he turned good), Balogun, AMN and others got games in there and weren’t having a hard time.
I reckon it’d be a mix of first team players and backup players in the first fixtures to get 9 points and then we’ll rotate fully for the rest of them.

Yeah it has been enough in previous campaigns.

Although the new format of only 32 teams not 48 does see substantially less dross.

1 Like

Knockout Round playoffs is a lovely change. While we’ll be chilling and waiting for Round of 16 matches, Spurs will be getting shithoused by some obscure team after getting kicked out of CL by the big boys.

Great news: Arsenal are in pot 1 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah we’ll top our group and probably get to the last 4. That’s when we’ll shit the bed.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: UEFA Conference League

Group stage draw August 26th

Im on holiday so will be watching with a beer in my swimshorts

2 Likes

Just a reminder that if we make a mess of this group we can end up in the conference league.

1 Like