U21 Euro Championships

Nelson starts. Nelson’s fouled in penalty box. Nelson scores resulting penalty. Eden Hazard stutter step technique :+1:

1-0

EDIT: Probably more Balotelli on second thoughts.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting. That’s now twice I can’t watch this video.

2 Likes

2023 tournament. Angel gomes is looking like a little ngolo Kante tonight. ESR on as sub at RW.

ESR with a tap in at the far post in the last seconds. You love to see it

ESR is 23 next month, how is he playing in the under 21 tournement?

You have to be 21 or under the year qualification for the tournament starts.

2 Likes

What a goal by the little Georgian fella! The Dutch looked terrified by the brass of him to keep running at them. If that was Messi…hehe

Summerville is looking lively. Just needs an end product

Wow! Georgia miss a completely open net, unchallenged, at 15yds inside their own half, as the dutch keeper was up for a free kick!

Several changes for the last group game, which is merely a procession for england. Good goal from Harvey Elliott, who has a bright future. Elliott, Ramsey, Bellingham, foden, rice - what a midfield that’s gonna be for the senior side!
Madueke has so much pace but SO one sided.

England U21 is stacked. They should be winning this tournament

Shame about balogun deciding on being American though.

The team looks good enough to win it each tournament. The usual problem is senior call ups cherry pick the best players. Though saka, guehi, Bellingham (foden and Gallagher?) are still eligible, that doesn’t seem so much of an issue this time round

Strangest end to a first half I’ve seen in a long time. England 1 up with the ball and Israel declining to press 10yds inside their own half, just staying in formation. It was walking football for nearly 6mins, some of the time at a standstill! Bizarre.

Just tuned in for some ESR scouting

ESR with the assist!

1 Like

Lovely passing move set up by him.

England close to the final. 0-2.

ESR was tidy but not exciting. Featured on both wings this tournament. Wouldn’t guarantee him starting in the final. But that’s also down to Carsley’s design.

If you hadn’t watched any other games you’d wonder how Israel had got to a semi final. Got the easier side of the knockout rounds.

Angel gomes has been such a reliable presence in the centre. But I don’t see madueke making a name for himself next season at Chelsea.

Come to think of it, the quality of attacking play has been quite poor this tournament. Very little creative flair and worse finishing. Perhaps that what England needed to get this far, as they look solid all round

^
^
^

:shushing_face:

Looks like Spain took exception to my last post. Yikes!