Transfer Wishlist

Barca are a strange club. Neves will cost more probably than what they could sell DeJong for. What are they thinking?

Between DeJong, Kessis, Gavi and Pedri they have a good base to build from even when Busquets completely slows down or retires. Neves is the last thing that they need.

1 Like

Iā€™d put in a cheeky 35m bid for Raphinha.

1 Like

You reckon?

What kind of fees do you see Neves and de Jong going for respectively?

Wolves whilst in the Premier League have no reason to sell their best player. 60m would probably get it done.

With Barcaā€™ need to get DeJong of the wage bill, Iā€™d reckon 50-60m for Frenkie. Maybe less as they owe him money.

1 Like

Heā€™s got 18 months left on his contract come January and itā€™s unlikely heā€™ll sign a new deal. Wolves need to sell players so it makes sense to cash in on him whilst he still has high value

Thatā€™s fair, but even with a short time on contracts weā€™ve seen players move for largish fees. They will not want to lose him for free, but they donā€™t need to bend over either.

50m Iā€™d have thought will be the lowest. Hell we sold Ox for 35m in similar circumstances years ago.

Regardless, think this is poor business from Barca. If anything, wait to get him on a free.

1 Like

Youā€™re forgetting the big factor here, Mendes.

Although, the current situation may have changed things. Looks Wolves are now looking at different pool of managers rather than people close to Mendes.
I wonder if there is a bit of a rift with the side doing so poor.

You do recognise that this is even worse for Barca?! I didnā€™t even consider Mendes and his agent fees as an expense.

1 Like

Now Iā€™d celebrate the fuck out of that, wonder what the Chief Cuntstable of the Celebration Police would say about it

2 Likes

I expect Mendes to sort his boy out here. Ruben has been flirting a lot with Barca over the years.
Mendes and Barca have had a positive relationship recently too.

I expect Wolves to be the ones screwed over here if there is indeed a rift.

1 Like

Mendes usually seems to get what he wants.

Neves is a very good player, but would appear to be the last thing that Barca need. Not that Barca operate on logic though.

What do Barca even need though? Even when they sign players you think they need they never really make the impact you expect.
Even Lewa didnā€™t change the landscape for them.

Cursed football club that deserve their bad fortune and hope it continues that way.

They need to have a genuine plan. They tried a broke manā€™s total football approach under Koeman and it didnā€™t work. It appeared that they were going back to the La Massia route under Xavi then you see the likes of Auba and Lewandowski come in as guys approaching their mid-thirties; you see expensive free transfers like Jessie along with nonsensical freebies like Bellerin. Then you throw in big money for Raphinha whilst already having a plethora of wide forwards and it is a shit show.

Personally, I think Barcelona need to calm down and build slowly. Stick with Xavi and give it a couple of years Before Madrid start to decline.

With that said, Madrid have already started their rebuild.

Number 1 on my wishlist :pray:

Thatā€™s how you actully elevate the talent level within the squad

Neves to Barca - 40m
FDJ to Man Utd - 60m

Watch it.

Xavi Simons

3 Likes

Pass.

Simons and Mudryk. Gonna cost boatloads now. But at least get one of these wonder kids.

3 Likes

Regarding Xavi Simons:
PSG had a buyback inserted when he went to PSV. It was supposed to be a loan move at first. Considering he has done very well at PSV, I would expect PSG to exercise that option next year and give him a chance.
I think he would like to give it another go himself before looking to leave.

If we were to spend big on a midfielder I think Declan and Jude would be the obvious ones. The club would evaluate such a big money move very carefully though considering the not so great tracking record of big money moves in football.

Jude looks to be Madrid bound but I can see Liverpool pressing the panic button on him. City naturally also in the race.
Declan is an interesting one, considering Declanā€™s connection to Moyes and Wilshere, I think thatā€™s someone the club would be able to make a thorough evaluation on whether he is worth the big investment.

Doubt the club would go for it personally. If they do though, that sure screams ambition and an intention to challenge now. Solves the Partey problem immediately and he can certainly fill in as a CB or #8 if needed. Not to mention you add another leader and England darling in the locker room.

1 Like

Not bothered about Simons. Had the game of his life against us.

3 Likes