Transfer Wishlist

Haha Anna Jay’s eyes say it all

1 Like

Which players would you like to see on the team? Be realistic.

Michael Jordan and Mike Tyson imo.

3 Likes

Ramsdale, Zinchenko, Gabriel, Saliba, White, Partey, Xhaka, Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus

3 Likes

I’ve moved this to one of our transfer threads as I assume this is what you meant. If not my bad.

Also, welcome along. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Zaha/Depay Jesus Saka
SMS Odegaard
Partey
Zinchenko Gabriel White Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

1 Like

Maddison or Bowen would be great, although unlikely, unless we’re going to offer around 80m.
But maybe Neves, Ward Prowse or Barnes for a bit of depth in the squad.

1 Like

All will be £60m+ by which point I feel like we’re better off going for SMS, assuming we don’t have to compete with others for him.

City +Liverpool settled, Chelsea focusing on defence, United getting de Jong, Spuds finished their dealings, Barca need to sell de Jong so won’t pay it all out again on SMS.

Doesn’t sound like PSG are interested and won’t be too many other clubs with the funds

1 Like

For me the winger that makes the most sense for us at this point is Pedro Neto. I would ideally want a more experienced player but in terms of an attainable guy that could credibly rotate with either Saka or Martinelli and have us not really missing a beat, I don’t think we could do better. You watch him and its so easy to imagine him in our system. He is relatively two-footed, can play both left and right sides, fast with the ball, quick decision maker, can dribble inside or beat his man to the end line, etc.

FBRef thinks his most similar players statistically are Saka, Mahrez, and Luis Diaz. It is a stretch to compare his quality to players of that level right now but in terms of playing style I can see it.

I don’t know what number Wolves would sell at but that number definitely exists as they are a selling club. Mendes is also his agent and we quietly worked with him very productively this summer on the Vieira transfer. I’d be very pleased if Neto was the winger we were similarly quietly working on right now.

1 Like

Are they a selling club? They prized Neves out. God knows what they would ask for Neto.
And I doubt Arsenal would be willing to spend that on a player that recently came back from a big injury like his.

1 Like

They are definitely a selling club. They sold Jota, have been trying to sell Traore, etc. If you convince Mendes, then Wolves will go along.

IMO, they are very willing to sell Neves and are leaking big valuations because they hope a club like United will fall for it.

Neto has a huge potential but between his age and the knee injury I don’t think he would be that expensive as long as you could convince Mendes to go along with a transfer. Maybe 40m range.

We actually aren’t in bad shape for the new season. I still think we deserve one more ‘that’s a smart buy’ signing at the very least. Ideally, we get a ‘wow! We mean business signing.’

I’m prepared to have White and Cedric as back up RBs and hope Norton Cuffy can be a long term answer after a successful Championship loan.

Options listed in desirability order:

CM: Milinkovic Savic/Tielemans
Wide Forward: Zaha/Bowen/Gakpo/Thuram

2 Likes

Yeah I’m praying we get a CM and wide forward still, how long do we have left of the window open ? End of August ?

1 Like

Our window is done, get real.
Arsenal ain’t spending 150+m in transfer window.

So we bid for Raphinha and Martinez for s**ts and giggles?

I think it’s realistic to expect more players if we have departures.

If Pepe or Xhaka (a lot less likely) were to leave, they would have to be replaced.

Gakpo seems very realistic.

I’m joking.

I can see 1-3 more move/s by the end of the window.

FW, CM and CB.

1 Like

what’s the 3rd move in your list?
a winger, a midfielder and ?

You fucking with me? :pires2:

What’s a CB?

Cunt Breaker.

It’s a new role in football.

1 Like