Tottenham Vs Arsenal (PL)

So he wasn’t moving towards the ball with the intent of playing the ball then?

1 Like

Well after arguing and questioning and delegating blame ive come to one good conclusion from yesterdays game having read every post on here and social media.
Its fucking fantastic that everyone fucking cares again.
Loads of emotion pain, hurt, hate and that all comes from love of Arsenal. Compare this to last years apathetic display and performance in the same fixture.
Its a positive to cling to with a european game coming up and being in the mix for top 4. Small bite size but Chelsea home and away. Liverpool at home and spuds twice have given us a glimpse and feel of the chance of moving forward.
Yeah theres been problems a plenty with manager, players and board. But and its a big one, if we can get it right off the field this summer we have decent hope.
Europe is my main hope but as long as we produce decent football between now and the end of the season delivering the promise of better next season will do for me now.
Yeah yesterday was a bitch, but its good to feel and care again. Kudos to Emery on that one warts and all. (mustafi):tired_face:

16 Likes

I’ve been for something like VAR for years. Too much bullshit, especially as Arsenal were nearly always on the end of bullshit refereering decisions. It’s not just us, teams could end up being relegated on a couple of points and goal difference, I’m still gutted from yesterday, can’t even imagine some bullshit like that getting us relegated.

2 Likes
8 Likes

He is a cunt. That’s it.

1 Like

And this is how VAR still isn’t going to help. A clear offside like Kane, won’t be overturned by the officials and something like the above will be their explanation as to why.

1 Like

Just saw a gif of the chance Lacazette had after the Monreal cut back (what else lol) feel like eight out of ten times he makes that. Fuck.

3 Likes

Nah, he only makes it 4 out of 5 times imo

3 Likes

Agreed there will still be blatant instances of stupidity from these moronic referees.

But It’ll reduce the rate of those, and further spotlight will be on the competence of these shitty refs if they still get it wrong with video replays.

Kind of like how Wenger going puts more spotlight on our board :ozil2:

1 Like

The issue you see in the NFL, is the interpretation of the rules. All the refs have a different interpretation in their head, so what’s a catch to one of them, isn’t a catch in another guys head. I can see that easily happening in offside calls, especially now that the rule has turned from simple to confusing, and hand ball. Although hand ball I hear they are going to simplify which will help.

1 Like

That’s BS; if he is making a move towards the ball he is inteferring with play, If he did not move then he isn’t attempting to play the ball.

3 Likes

And that’s if they go to VAR for something like this in the first place. If they decide there’s nothing to be reviewed then nothing will be reviewed.

1 Like

Yep. I said that further up the thread.

1 Like

Exactly, which is something the NFL struggles with as well. Because in their quest to get all the calls right they are still burdened by time restraints. So they end up missing a ton of important calls in the name of conserving time as well.

It’s why I have always been in favor of letting Pandora’s box remain closed. Even in hindsight of yesterday’s results you can see that the wrong calls will be made and there will always be justifications to defend them. Sanchez not being punished is enough proof of that.