Tottenham Vs Arsenal (PL)

Not being knee jerk but last time I felt this disappointed was when we lost to Barca back in the Champions League final in 2006. We played our socks of that night, just like we did today. Proud of the lads they put in a real performance, just heart breaking to not get the 3 points, it always hurts when you dont a win a game you should, but it’s doubley painful when it’s against the spuds.

We can kind of blame the officials, Spurs created fuck all second half and if it wasn’t for a spastic linesman I doubt they score.

4 Likes

Fucking lines man wasn’t even in position he was on the wrong side of the players , and had his neck bent out but even then when you pause the screen, the cunt can clearly see a line of white shirts. So there’s no fucking excuse for not calling the offside.

Auba really should of scored though, I’m never confident when he takes a penalty.

1 Like

Have to vent some adrenaline:

Leno - world class double-save, a few distributions were off but fuck it, I’ll remember those saves forever
Papa+Kos - Amazing, you give me hope, much love
Monorail - almost perfect all game, small guy but did so well with what he has physically
Gonzo and Xhaka - alright, Gonzo a bit so-so, Xhaka nearly a red card but good mostly
Micky - Best performance at the club to date, almost 10/10, fucking stay like this
Iwobi - started out fuming, great first 30, then fell off a bit
Ramsey - fucking brilliant, work rate like a motherf, last NLD, thanks for everyhing
Laca - alright, first chance harder to control, perhaps could’ve gotten it on goal atleast once though
Mustafi - absolutely horrible all game please for the love of, 10+ mistakes I counted in total, off-side or not
Özil - almost invisible, a few short passes were neat but left me wanting, perhaps a bit strange sub
Torreira - Unlucky little fella I know he didn’t mean it but fuck, better late than early though
Auba - I love you brother but you’re breaking my fucking heart

Emery - Spot on boss, another top team game fought with pride, feels good to know we’re like that now

9 Likes

The penalty aside, Lacazette botched two chances which he couldn’t even get on target.

Someone like RVP and it’s a different story.

Should have got Özil to do his Özil Bounce penalty :smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know what to do with myself. Can’t handle this level of fucking bullshit.

What do I do for the rest of the day?

4 Likes

He took his goal brilliantly and tracked players well but as usual he can’t build up play to save his life. It’s a serious flaw for an attacking midfielder and Juve made an incredibly stupid call to pay him what they’re about to.

Join a Spurs forum and say how much you like Arsenal :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah going to sign up to the ‘fightingcock’ forums and troll some spuds fans under the name “flaccid cock” until I get banned.

1 Like

I’d rather not have to deal with those fucking cunts right now

Lucky twats

Boy, what a rollercoaster of emotions that game was. It’s weird to think pre game, we’d have been ok with a draw, and a draw is what we got. Yet, as many have said, it feels like a loss. The team played so well today, so disciplined and organised. Emery’s game plan was almost pulled off perfectly.

Leno pulled off some terrific saves, and is growing in confidence. Sokratis rightfully deserved the MOTM award, he really rose to the occasion of the fixture today. Unfortunately Mustafi’s gonna Mustafi and mess up like he usually does. He really is a liability for us. Great contribution from Ramsey in his final NLD. He’s remained a total pro throughout all the saga regards to his future away from here. Real shame his efforts didn’t turn out to be the winner.

Gutted about late penalty miss. Auba’s body language just didn’t seem right before the kick taken. It’s almost as if when he has to think about the chance, he messes up, but on instinct he thrives.

I really hope that miss doesn’t cost us come the end of the season. It really could come down to a point or two, and Spurs, while they had their moments, weren’t that particularly great again. About time they drew a game, but I’d just wish it hadn’t been to us. I think Emery can take heart from his performance and use this as a good base for next weekend’s game against United. That will be absolutely huge for our season now. The team is capable of finishing top 4, but can ill afford to make many more mistakes.

2 Likes

Thats the killer, it’s not like they were the better team or were outplaying us. We bossed that game, had the better chances but cause of dodgy offical, Mustafi’s brain freeze and Laca and Auba messing up their chances. We only got a draw.

3 Likes

Missed chances aside and all that stuff, How can you not see an offside here, whne it’s your fucking job to do so :rage:

4 Likes

Me tonight

3 Likes

That’s what I’m saying when you freeze it, it’s even more obvious. Which is what makes even more of a piss take. Like fair enough if our players were blocking his line of sight, but their clearly weren’t. Feels like he saw it and let it slide.

Good post, agree with pretty much all of that

1 Like

And to think people don’t want VAR, because it’ll take the romance out of Football. Romance is exactly what you want when it ends up costing you points :gunnersaurus:

2 Likes

:beers::eyes::wink:

1 Like

I swear if that idiot makes a :back::on::top: post after costing us the match I will lose my mind.

I understand why people are discounting the bad offside call on the penalty because either it (1) suits them to blame the strikers or (2) they genuinely believe that a really good team should be able to overcome a balls up like that but I don’t buy it. A really good team should be able to overcome a mistake by one of their players (i.e.: Auba missing a penalty) but you assume the refs will do their jobs correctly.