Top 20 footballers in the world right now

We’re getting quite good now and I can’t rub his nose in it cos he’s been gone for 2 years.

1 Like

Oh good a FIFA trophy Messi and Argentina .

Ramos…meh
Marcelo…meh
MODRIC?!?!
source%20(1)

Lol no Aguero.

It’s like they reserve a place for Ramos and Marcelo no matter how pointless they’ve been.

Glad Messi won it though. It’s farcical giving it to VVD just like it was farcical giving it to Modric. No matter how good they are, Messi is lightyears ahead of the rest.

3 Likes

Hmm, will have a go at this as of now and factoring in last couple of seasons:

1. Messi
  2. Ronaldo
  3. Neymar
  4. VVD
  5. Kevin De Bruyne
  6. Mo Salah
  7. Eden Hazard
  8. Kylian Mbappe
  9. Sergio Aguero
  10. Luka Modric
  11. Toni Kroos
  12. Harry Kane
  13. Bernardo Silva
  14. Sergio Ramos
  15. Tammy Abraham
  16. Marc Andre Ter Stegen
  17. Robert Lewandowski
  18. Fabian Ruiz
  19. Paul Pogba
  20. Daniel James
1 Like

Why aren’t Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero or Salah on the list?

Outside of Messi, I’d find it difficult to actually rank the other 19.

1. Messi

and in no particular order…

Salah, Mane, Aguero, VVD, B. Silva, KDB, Aubameyang, Neymar, Mbappe, CR7, Pogba, Hazard, Chiellini, Koulibaly, Godin, Sterling, Busquets

Couldn’t even make it to 20

If Pogba is in then Laca should be and maybe Pepe (wishful thinking ?)

Good list but the best CB in football has to be higher than 14 and I know I’m always a bit more gung ho with young players than others but I’d probably put Daniel James a good bit higher, maybe top ten.

1 Like

A list without Sterling or Auba :back::on::top::mustafi:

Yeah fair call on Ramos, should be higher but I think his record with red cards is hard to ignore.

With James, I do think hes the best winger in the game right now, but he loses out purely on longevity otherwise he’d be a lock for top 10. Abraham is one of the league’s top scorers, hence why hes above James but below Ramos who has scored in a Champions League final.

2 Likes

Might even consider James for the top 5 given his goal scoring output but in the end football is about more than just goals and assists, gotta take Iwobi as an example and do more on that front to really be one of the best like Isco Asensio and Draxler.

1 Like

Think Daniel James just cemented his place as no2 behind Messi. He scored the winning penalty in a shootout against the mighty Rochdale.

2 Likes

No. 2 behind Messi? Goals in penalty shootouts against Rochdale: James - 1, Messi - 0.

One thing for sure he’s got on Messi in the debate: he’s got that clutch player thing going for him Messi just doesn’t. Former Man United man CR7 approves.

Played in two different countries as well.

I know that Messi has been injured a lot this season, but still think the gap between him and James is significant although not impossible to catch up in the next 2-3 years. James has that alpha mentality required for the top players.

Did you see how he celebrated his goal against Palace? Class and poise for the goal, swagger and grandiose for the celebration.

Too bad his team-mates let him down in the end.

4 Likes

There’s not twenty top players in the world.