Told you so archive - Version 2020s

I wouldn’t mind voting again if you delete it.

I voted disaster with out hesitation, and will do so again.

1 Like

Trion delevering a second referendum @Electrifying @Calum.
No probs @Trion.

5 Likes

I vote he’ll do a better job than Trion did with this poll.

8 Likes

I agree.
I think the board have gone with Arteta because he isn’t going to rock the boat like a Mourinho, Pochettino, Rodgers, Ancelotti, etc, who will want massive spending promises.

They’ve gone with an ex player that they think will placate the supporters, to join the increasing number of ex players that are employed by the club, because it’s a lot cheaper than getting experienced top level, proven quality.

We will have Arteta with presumably Freddie and Mertesacker, all of them novices at their respective jobs and all cheap…

Mourinho is on 15m a season at spurs but I doubt Arteta is on much more than a fraction of that.
With our board, cheap is king and with a manager like Arteta, he isn’t just cheap, he is malleable and won’t make the sort of the demands a world class manager would make.

1 Like

I vote for both options. He was always the perfect candidate, seeing this is Arsenal after all and that’s why it will likely end in disaster.

2 Likes

Well I have done a boo boo with the Arteta poll.
Moving on.

By end of his Arsenal career, Pepe is going to be a

• Massive Hit
  • Massive Flop

0 voters

I won’t alter the poll this time. Voting automatically closes on 1st January, 2020.

I don’t know if he’ll be a massive hit, but I definitely feel he will come closer to that than being a massive flop.

Arteta to turn him into a Sane-esque destructive machine down our right hand side.

4 Likes

I might. And blame you. :smiley:

3 Likes

There needs to be a middle ground in that Pepe poll.

2 Likes

The middle ground is for pussies right @Trion?

1 Like

Affirmative, Kindly find thyself to the rational section of this forum.

I dont think he will be a massive flop but I dont think he will.replicate his ligue 1 numbers or even walcott numbers, or represent his price tag, but i can see him doing well under correct coaching

1 Like

Yeah I’ve said before that if he can post stats on par with healthy in his prime Walcott I’ll be over the moon. But regardless the question and poll isn’t really built properly to allow for accurate results down the line.

He has too much ability as a footballer not to have a pretty decent career, just not certain whether it will be with Arsenal.

Arteta may see him as one of the main players for us going forward once the ancients (28+) and the joke players are shipped out

1 Like

Where is the middle ground option ? Because to be honest that’s what I’m expecting.

The middle ground was covered a few posts back.

1 Like

I think he meant in the poll perhaps.

1 Like

As did I.

This thread is for all in answers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should this thread just be for all in answers?

• Maybe
  • Perhaps
  • Mayhap
  • That might work well
  • Dont know

0 voters

Agree with this. For me, a massive hit is an Henry, or a Pires or any one of those legends from back when we used to be top dogs in the league.

I don’t think Pepe will get to those heights but I think he has the potential to get close to those heights. And yeah, maybe Arteta will be the catalyst for his transformation.