Thomas Partey (5)

Can’t believe Arteta ruined this guy

1 Like

Arteta can ruin Messi, but fuck me this guy is an established quality player making rookie mistakes now, he’s been hit and miss since the injury, so i’m hoping we won’t see this bootlegged version of him next season.

1 Like

This should be exhibit A as to how bad a coach Arteta is. I’ve been reserving judgment on pretty much every player we’ve bought for Arteta because the man simply cannot extract the maximum out of these guys.

7 Likes

Been absolutely deplorable tonight for a supposed world class midfielder.

Came for the money

We really need more from him

2 Likes

Honestly waiting for Torriera levels of moaning from him soon.
Doesn’t seem like he wants to be here. Can only hope he can find his A game soon.

2 Likes

Nice ball for Auba at the death but fuck his season has been disappointing. Good moments few and far between and lots of sloppy giveaways most games.

I’m very disappointed as I was expecting a lot more.

5 Likes

His first few games for us were so encouraging as well. Looked levels above the rest of our midfield. The complete midfield enforcer.

What the fuck happened? Can’t put it all down to injuries surely…

3 Likes

That pass to Auba at the end was elite. He’s so good at line breaking passes and not so good at the things we thought we were getting when we signed him I think. There’s more space in midfield atm without Xhaka but how many times does he get bypassed from being flat footed?

Still oozes class throughout games. Reminding me of the DM version of Ozil in some ways

1 Like

Btw Partey has to be the worst long range shooter I’ve ever seen and he’s not afraid to remind me every single match

7 Likes

I think the criticism here is a bit OTT, he’s not at the levels we expected when we signed him right now, but I still thought he was one of the better players yesterday, number of times he won the ball, ran through midfield and made some good passes.

I think we’ll see an improvement next season

1 Like

Arteta has used him as regista but his role is totally different.

2 Likes

He’s not being used in the same way he was used in Madrid. He’s also being coached by a guy who keeps flailing around for a formation that works. It’s got to be a huge shock going from such a dogmatic coach to a coach who has zero conviction but a lot of ideas.

5 Likes

Precisely. He’s being totally utilised in a different way. It doesn’t excuse some of his basic errors but ultimately he’s played in so many different formations, with different partners and must not really had a settled team to try and thrive in.

4 Likes

He made some mistakes tonight but I actually thought he was one of our best, actually tried to progress the game with some intent.

2 Likes

Still looks too slow to me. Overall he’s had a good game against United and a few good passes here and there. Absolute bust of a signing and not the right guy for Arteta’s “system”

Yeah I thought the same.

He did make some peculiar passes, and some horrible mistakes on the edge of their box - but, hey, at least he was trying to progress.

Hard to judge any of these players under this strategy to be honest.

3 Likes

Yep. I said it another thread. Partey was targeted by 2-3 players at times. Not much support apart from ESR occasionally dropping deep. Odegaard had a proper disasterclass again which made things worse.

1 Like

Partey was a gooner after all.

3 Likes