Thomas Partey (5)

Hopefully some minutes in the cup

The main Ghanaian will be back, our run in our competition startsā€¦ goodnight nurse geordies.

1 Like

Would prefer not to see him in the cup to be honest. We should have enough without him.

4 Likes

In normal circumstances Iā€™d agree, but he needs some minutes under his belt, only played about 3 full games in 3 months.

2 Likes

Yea fair enough, he can come on at the 70 minute mark or of there is extra time so.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m not opposed to him being on the bench, just hoping heā€™s in the squad for some sort of involvement to gather some match fitness.

5 Likes

I honestly cannot fucking wait to have this guy fit for a prolonged period, will definitely be LANS

7 Likes

Partey and Ceballos behind ESR, Saka, Martinelli and Auba :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

7 Likes

When will this lad be fit and ready again .
Canā€™t wait to see him in full fitness

6 Likes

So how was Partey when he came on ? Have any impact at all ?

Improved defensively but offensively it was pretty much the same.
I am getting worried about him. I am not sure with who he can partner with in midfield. The best Iā€™ve seen him was with Elneny.
Hopefully he stays fit and starts gelling more with the others.
I would have liked us trying to play with a single pivot and Partey being the deepest midfielder. Unfortunately, we donā€™t have the personnel yet. Maybe ESR and Willock in front him? Although, the latter hasnā€™t looked good lately.

1 Like

Yes his passes were sharper, quicker and his play a yard quicker than anyone else.

1 Like

Bypassed.

Following on from what @RockyMaivia said in the AMN thread. Weā€™ve got a highly rated midfielder that we are happy to pass around or watch Luiz/Holding waltz right past him to get the ball up the pitch. Why not play through him? Heā€™s demonstrated he can do this at every level thus far.

Weā€™ve absolutely no business signing these kinds of players if they are not going to suit a system, especially at the price we seem to be paying for players recently.

Seems a real disconnect with personnel here.

2 Likes

Partey showing up! :eyes:

Balling tonight :ok_hand:

Good service from midfield a rare sight

Ah, this is what a quality midfielder looks like.

15 Likes

Nobody missing Dani then. Wonder why. Bum.

3 Likes

You had him sussed out before most homie.

2 Likes

What a novelty

8 Likes