Thomas Partey (5)

My guy has missed extremely important chunks of the season every season since he signed. Any criticism of his availability is very fair.

2 Likes

I’m talking about this most recent injury.
How much time has he really missed this season though? If it wasn’t for the fixture congestion we would be looking at 3-4 games including City and Villa.

I personally don’t see a reason why we should rush him back for Leicester anyway. Same team that won the game against Villa should start the next game amd should be good enough to get 3 points against them. Let Partey come back once he is properly fit.

2 Likes

I think that’s the whole point of having Jorginho in the squad. We lose height in the midfield but still have someone to act as that controller.

I’m curious if they could play together. Not sure Jorginho is any less athletic than Xhaka is in that left eight position.

2 Likes

What we lose with Partey is the ability to defend transition and also lose ability in the air… at least Jorginho is better cover for all the other facets than Lokonga and Elneny.

I’d disagree with that. Jorginho is very good at the shithouse pullback. It’s one of the reasons I fucking hate that guy. He knows when to take a yellow card if he’s beat.

The aerial ability is a concern, especially with the weird defensive yips we’ve had this month. I guess you could bring Tomiyasu in for Zinchekno if we’re getting absolutely Brexitballed but I think we’d lose so much going forward on the left if you make that switch. We might just have to roll with it.

Was Partey really injured? Or are they investigating something or found something?

“Obviously there’s a question mark about Thomas [Partey], he hasn’t trained much but it looks like he could be available. Let’s see how he trains today.
“He’s a really important player for us that we missed in the last few games but hopefully he can be available.”

Partey will be benched if available. With a game in the midweek it makes little sense to risk him from the start.

2 Likes

It would be pretty wild if the entire club was in on that type of conspiracy. Not saying it’s impossible but when you have a guy with a history of injury issues the simplest explanation is usually correct.

Couldn’t give a shit about Tamagotchi Pasta bake. Jorgi is the main man now.

So take your time recovering scrub, we’ll figure things out when you’re finally fit again (next season lol)

9 Likes

Feels good to be able to give him more time to recover.

Expecting Jorginho to start tomorrow with Partey again coming on late.

8 Likes

I agree with this

Its nice to not have to rely on him and know someone can come in and do a good job while he is away.
Benefits of having a top squad

1 Like

Jorginho has been a game changer for us. I’m no longer frantically worried about how we’ll play without Partey

10 Likes

What happens if Jorginho AND Partey get injured? :eyes:

1 Like

Then we’re coming for you for speaking it into existence.

13 Likes

I mean, what happens if both Saka and Jesus are both injured?

1 Like

See above.

6 Likes

I’m in postcode SW1W now if you want a scrap, you fucking weasel cunt.

16 Likes

Jorgi doesn’t get injured

This is the extent of his injury history

2 Likes