Thomas Partey (5)

Not made much of a difference has he

1 Like

Overpaid for him I fear.

1 Like

I still rate the guy but must admit heā€™s really struggling to make his mark. Iā€™m prepared to put that down to the set up and manager more than anything, I mean Xhaka and Ceballos are not going to form any stable pairing.

Hopefully we get to see him under a manager with an idea as to how to set up a functioning team.

Been mediocre most of the season or injured. Today was no exception.

Dani was better than Partey today. He had a few times in the first half he made nice moves and dribbled out of danger but he didnā€™t really impose himself either. The commentating team commented that he looked injured too, wasnā€™t moving all that well.

Will judge him next season. Would ideally like to judge him under a different manager but that wonā€™t happen.

1 Like

Fabinhio just looked better than Partey, Odegaard and Cabellos put together and it was hard watching it.

2 Likes

At least Fabinho looked out of his depth in his first PL season

We got bamboozled. We bought a guy from a system team and are paying the price right now.

Wrong player, wrong price, wrong age profile.

Hopefully heā€™ll enjoy playing the prime of his career outside of Europe and chasing the elusive 8th place trophy.

Any excuse for a Friends gif

2 Likes

Definition of disasterclass. Terrible today. Got bullied by Camara against Olympiacos too.

Get you shit together mate.

3 Likes

Looks way off pace. Worrying.

Elneny should start ahead of him.

This guy ainā€™t worth 50 mill and 200k a week, how many sloppy under zero pressure give aways does he do ?

1 Like

If Xhaka had played like this he wouldā€™ve been slaughtered

1 Like

Everybody who joins Arsenal seems to regress. Iā€™m starting to think the players might not be the problem. :man_shrugging:t2:

13 Likes

People said I was nuts to question this signing. Heā€™s been very underwhelming. He was supposed to be Midfield Jesus but I havenā€™t seen anything worth ā‚¬50m.

1 Like

Bruv this :100:. Partey was an elite midfielder playing at the highest level, putting in quality performances on a consistent basis, Auba was an elite forward scoring 20 goals minimum every season, Pepe was one of the most coveted young players when we bought him, Martinelli was one of most promising youngsters in the premier league, and the list goes on. Itā€™s clear, that Arteta just ainā€™t the one, itā€™s that simple.

4 Likes

Heā€™ll be a different player under a proper manger, just hope we get to see that

4 Likes

Partey would no doubt be better under a different manager because all of the players would, but not all the mistakes are down to that. Heā€™s looked way more shaky than he should be.

1 Like

Heā€™s been disastrous since his last injury. Had some good games early and looked quality but is now routinely outplayed by his midfield partner and has been subbed on merit a few times.

2 Likes