Thomas Partey (5)

And can receive the ball under pressure without soiling himself.

Now imagine having 2 players in the middle who can do that. Would be transformational.

14 Likes

Different team with him in the side.

Such a boss; has balls, has finesse, and those damn damn damn long legs.

1 Like

Rolls Royce.

2 Likes

I enjoyed his performance last night. The ball to Auba for the goal very nice too.

He seems to add an extra dimension in midfield being able to defend and attack well.

Hope he stays fit and will be good to see if he can give us better midfield control when we start playing the teams nearer the top if the table. So far at least I’m pleased we signed him.

5 Likes

Midfield fucking General this guy. Gonna be massive for us.

8 Likes

Shame he’s already almost 28 :sob:

What I wouldn’t give to have this guy for 10 years playing like this

1 Like

You seem to have got 2 Arsenal players confused there mate

There is no such thing as a world class player who stays at Arsenal for 10 years haha

7 Likes

Dennis Bergkamp says hello

Yeah a sad truth, I guess Bergkamp was the only one.

Always crazy to me how even with the invincibles and league and cup titles we were never able to keep a hold of players like Henry and Vieira.

I think the sad truth of it all no matter how well we do we’ll never become a true top club like Barcelona, Madrid, Munich and United. We just don’t have the history in the same way.

1 Like

I’m not sure I’d be using an example of a player who arrived nearly 26 years ago as evidence of Arsenal being able to hold onto a young world class player for a decade in 2021 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nobody stays at any club that long lol.

Although we did keep hold of Bergkamp for more than ten years, he was in his thirties for most of that time and we were a top European club.
He was also one of the highest paid players in the PL so it’s unlikely any better European club would have come in for him.

But it’s true, every top quality player we’ve had has been tempted away from here, to bigger clubs, because of our lack of ambition.

1 Like

Perfect age to join us! At his peak

Should have 3-4 good years ahead of him.
And let’s not forget he is a late bloomer. :eyes:

1 Like

Except Ramos, Marcelo, Ronaldo, Aguero, Silva, Kompany, De Gea, Rooney, more or less half the Barcelona team, half the Bayern Munich team.

Plenty of examples tbh.

Guess the difference is they’re bigger clubs than us.

How long Aguero been at City now.

10 years this summer, 10 years for Silva as well. Kompany 11 years.

2 Likes

Mark Noble has been at West Ham forever. Harry Kane must have been at Spurs 10 years. Lewis Dunk has been a one club man too. Plenty of examples, from bigger and smaller clubs.

1 Like

Unfortunately Xhaka will join this club.:roll_eyes:

1 Like