Thierry Henry

I got his name on the back of the blue away kit that season :pensive:

4 Likes

Think Wenger got unfortunate with Reyes, he left when he was around 24? In a different world, he would probably be a star player in the Fabregas/Van Persie era (Perhaps that was the plan?) and who knows if thatā€™d made the difference.

1 Like

Yeah, Reyes was often given a poor manā€™s status in a team full of stars.

By no means was he a flop. The common misconception is Gary Neville ruined him. The inbred ratboy cunt did nothing of the sort. Reyes carried his form through the rest of the season.

If we had Reyes in our current team, heā€™d be running Big Pierre incredibly close for best player in the team.

5 Likes

I can watch videos of Thierry all day long, just absolutely amazing :heart_eyes:

He was actually only 22 (!!) when he left, just about to turn 23.

Amazing when you consider how many quality performances he already produced, how polished he already was as a player and the room he still had to grow. I mean, he was a month younger than Van Persie and Van Persie was still quite far from the starting XI in 2006, only in 2007 he started to play more consistently, Reyes already had a few years mostly being a starter here (thanks to his vesatility too).

He should have been one of our most important players for the post Invincible generation, just as Fabregas and Van Persie. Sadly he couldnā€™t resist the call of Madrid at that time and that move kinda killed his career at the elite level.
Him and Van Persie leading the attack was always my perfect dream scenario :heart_eyes:. Imagine that link up.
RIP

1 Like
2 Likes

Pretty sure Aguero has also done five seasons of 20+ goals.

1 Like

He has actually lol

Guessing their not counting the 20 one as itā€™s technically not over 20 goals. :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

:goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat:

5 Likes

Thierry 2023ā€¦

ā€¦:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

We were insanely good that night. Should have been 3-0 up in the first ten minutes

4 Likes

I didnā€™t doubt he was strict. That was pretty much his reign at Monaco. Players were certainly scared of him.
Surely his tactics are shit though. Hoping he proves me wrong.

1 Like

Henry had absolutely no patience with young players or players who werenā€™t up to playing at his level, Iā€™d imagine thatā€™s probably his biggest issue as a manager

6 Likes

He ainā€™t the king for nothing bro

1 Like
5 Likes

I was there for that game. Was fucking great. I donā€™t care what the dubious goals panel says, he scored it.

3 Likes

Another player inspired by the King. Donā€™t think we will see someone like TH14 at this club again for a while. Auba for as good as he is still isnā€™t on that level, which in my opinion just shows how great TH14 is.

Not quite the striker Wrighty was though. :wink:

1 Like