Thierry Henry

I’m not saying he is. But as far as being a talisman goes, carrying a team and bullying defenses he had that kind of impact.

Roberto Baggio is one of my fave players BUT why did Juve and Milan want to fuck him off??? Were they stupid or wasn’t he a team player???

So did Bobby Zamora

Del Piero was emerging and basically got the nod of Baggio. What cost him at Milan I don’t know. Probably just age I reckon.

@DavidHillier don’t be so. Drogba was a top player who had a major impact on the highest level. You can’t deny that.

First of all, I wasn’t

Second of all, what’s your point?

Top player, but he was probably 2 tiers below Henry, 1 tier below van Horseface.

If that still makes a player “top”, then I dunno…

I used to watch Football Italia when he was at Milan and it was clear from the interviews he was froze out. From a fan of flair players it was very frustrating but maybe some managers had an issue with him. Maybe he was a bit of an Ozil.

I remember after he was benched for ages at Milan they put him on the right wing.

Nahh, Drogba was a beast. I’d put him above Van Nistelrooy, but not on Henry’s level obviously.

Nah. I won’t have this. He was way better than you are trying to portray him.

And of course Wenger wouldn’t acknowlegde him. If there was one player who fucked Arsenal in the arse every time post 2006, without any lube, it was Drogba.

If this is a cause for argument, then Ji Sung Park is world class, too.

Sure. We got fuck by United too. But we got fucked by Drogba personally. He did whatever he wanted against Arsenal defenses in those years. Park didn’t.

My point being, it’s easy to f*** Arsenal when you’ve got Phillippe Ponderous, Johan Djourou, Kolo Toure and a whole host of other defensive mishaps Wenger tried to fit in.

Squillaci. Silvestre. There’s another 2 for good measure

He did that against most/all teams.

I was just referring to Arsenal/Wenger, because you said Wenger said he was only efficient but other than that he wasn’t much. My point is that his words had less worth since he was always dominating Arsenal and Wenger might not have been completely fair because of that.

He consistently had top performances in CL knockout games in those years too. He was of the best strikers of that era no doubt about that.

Shows what a shit era it was then.

1 Like

Drogba has a dogshit goal scoring record for a supposed elite striker that’s for sure.

Remembered for individual moments of brilliance in big games but he’s overrated.

7 Likes

Thank you :fist_right:

Sometimes football isn’t as easy as just delving into stats and creating all of your argument from there.

:wink:

I forgot about Raul too, to my shame.

I’m gonna be that guy and throw Henrik Larsson into the hat.

Sure he played in Scotland but he was a beast in Europe too and helped Celtic get far in the UEFA cup, when that meant something.

And then he went to Barcelona and man United when past his peak and he could still hang with the best of them as we found out to our dismay in Paris.

Shevchenko Henry are a class above though.

After that i got Ronaldo (the real Madrid husk version), Raul, Trezuguet, Vieri, RVN, Larsson, inzaghi

Larrson is a poor man’s Bergkamp