Thierry Henry

Drogba finished 2 or 3 PL seasons with just 5 goals to his name and many others with just 10.

I think that’s quite a measure of his lack of productivity.

2 Likes

Yeah, Drogba was a good striker and maybe for a short period of time a top striker, but Torres at his peak for Liverpool, Agüero, Kane at his peak for Tottenham, RvP, are all examples of different level of striker in the PL, and I’m probably forgetting someone.

Drogba at his peak was a bit like Costa at his peak for Chelsea in terms of level. Which is not meant as a slight, mind.

Edit: seeing Drogba’s 09-10 season and kinda regretting these comments tbh, haha. That was a class season and something Costa never achieved. Drogba’s goal scoring tallies look a bit worse looking back too because he wasn’t scoring penalties when most other important strikers were. Maybe amend that statement a bit to say Drogba for a short time reached the same level of Kane, Agüero, Torres, RvP. Agüero is probably the pick of those guys for durability, RvP for ability at his peak. Torres and Drogba come out looking pretty similar considering they were playing in similar goal scoring environments and both not scoring penalties.

1 Like

Yeah. But I think that doesn’t mean that he isn’t a top level player. Obviously not on Henry level. But still.

I was literally thinking about Larsson too, a few minutes ago, before I saw this.
A beatiful player… had it all in his locker. Such slick goalscorer. Damn remeber when Celtic (Rangers too) had a great team back then… with Larsson in the first place, Heartson also played some great stuff, Sutton, Bobo Balde, Moravcik, Peteov etc. That brilliant UEFA cip final against Porto in 2003… probably the best UEFA cup final in this century.
Rangers with Dado Pršo (:heart:).

1 Like

If Henry scored that chance to put us 2-0 up in the CL final no one would have any such doubts about him, such a shame.

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Greatest Strikers Since 1992

3 Likes

I think you can include him in that list without creating fictional qualities he supposedly possessed :laca2:

2 Likes

He was a good dribbler. Excellent was certainly blowing it out of the water haha but he was a good dribbler. I watched RVN a lot growing up and I always remembered him being able to dribble well with the ball.

I’m not talking Messi, Neymar, R9, Zanetti style dribbling on a regular basis but I’m talking being able to dribble with the ball… which he did better than most around him could.

1 Like

Can’t believe I forgot to post this. Accidentally bumped onto it on YT few weeks ago. What struck me was his finish as young kid at the start of the video. Damn he was just born with it. Signature Henry.

Credit to the kid with the crazy hair, great through ball for Henry.

1 Like

Have to say I really like this show. Part of my day to day routine from Monday-Friday and gives you a bit of football discussion to fill the football less gap in my life.

Henry’s beard tho! :fire::fire::clap: Outstanding! :rofl:

3 Likes

Brilliant beard. No beard makes him look older, weirdly

:heart:

4 Likes

Sensational.

Absolute monster.

Henry with Bergkamp, Pires and Ljungberg, what an attacking line up that was.

2 Likes
  1. Swagger is the perfect word to describe how Thierry played.
  2. For once, I’m enjoying the song selection in one of these compilations.
  3. Has there ever been a better combination of goal and celebration? THAT Henry from the half way line goal vs Spurs and THAT celebration.
  4. It is fucking annoying videos in tweets aren’t playable within OA right now.
8 Likes

They work for me

5 Likes

I haven’t been able to see tweet videos on here for many months, maybe years, can’t remember. I have to click the link. I use firefox, up to date, blocking software turned off.

1 Like