Theo Walcott

Theo has scored 10 goals in his last 100 Premier League matches.

i remember a certain someone having a boner over how amazing he is

To be fair… he did have a 20 goal season for us. Something our current crop of strikers has failed at.

only because he was playing to be in the shop window or for a big contract. Was crap before and straight after he got what he wanted. I remember though everyone was ‘sign da ting’ was about the only time he was worth a crap.

2 Likes

The injury against spurs finished him as an attacking force. He maybe had another 18 months/2 years of quality if that hadn’t happened.

1 Like

Even if Jesus never has a 20 goal season for us I still pick him over Walcott any day. As a right winger Saka is five times the player Walcott was.

6 Likes

The days of Walcott and Ramsey are days I never want to relieve for as long as I can lol

6 Likes

Arsenal legends man

You score the winning goal in 2 cup finals, man…

(Ahh, this is an argument we’ve had already :wink:)

2 Likes

:gabriel: Absolutely not.

I didn’t say he was a club legend. He wasn’t shit though. Don’t know why everyone wants to hate him. He seems like a decent sort and had a couple of very good seasons for us.

3 Likes

Him, Ramsey and Mertesacker were the personifications for our downfall/mediocrity as a club. It’s maybe not Walcott himself, but more what that era representated for this club.

1 Like

Per was a top CB, maybe not your absolute highest tier but the best we had during that dreaded era and what came after.

Others yeh, garbage players

2 Likes

Said this before the problem wasn’t Walcott, it was the strategy. He developed into an decent player (reliant on pace though…) which I think was his potential in the end but we invested so much time in him when we could of have someone producing until he was ready (Because he wasn’t for a damn long time). Same thing with Chamberlain except we cashed in on him.

Any good season he had or patches of form was soured by all the time he was painful to watch. Can’t and don’t think I will ever understand Wenger’s squad building around that time especially when he knew better.

Phenomenal business to be fair.

Which players assisted most of Theo’s goals for Arsenal? There are two correct answers

• Aaron Ramsey
  • Alexis Sanchez
  • Cesc Fabregas
  • Mesut Ozil
  • Robin van Persie
  • Santi Cazorla
  • Tomas Rosicky

0 voters

Answer to be revealed tomorrow (or DM if you can’t wait)

3 Likes

Very interesting answers hehe…

I hope more people try to give an answer, a very interesting question and reveals something quite important about our game in those years and says a lot about one of Wenger’s biggest tactical mistakes in his last decade (and boy he had a few).

2 Likes

These two both assisted Theo nine times.

Theo+Walcott+Santi+Cazorla+Idbrhbpj3qam

Quirk…Alexis only assisted Theo once in the Premier League. Eight times in cup competitions (Champions League, League Cup, and FA Cup). On the other hand, all nine of Santi’s were in the Premier League.

Alexis Sanchez, Cazorla - 9
Ozil - 6
Cesc - 5
Van Persie - 4
Ramsey - 3
Rosicky - 2

8 Likes

And that brings us to my point…

Wenger should’ve played Alexis and Theo up front waaaaaay more frequently.

That was obviously our most potent combination up front at that time, whether we played Theo up front in one season, or Alexis in another. Alexis played his best football here as a false 9.

Giroud should’ve been a B option there. Alexis ALWAYS looked more dangerous with Theo in the team. And no wonder because tactically they suit eachother perfectly. On the other hand he always looked crap with Giroud and Giroud always closed the space he liked to attack and limited Alexis’ options on the pitch.

Wenger should still be sued by the international football court for pushing Alexis back to the wing after what he displayed as a 9 that year (2016-17, not sure)… That was the biggest act of terrorism I can remember in the recent football history.

3 Likes

He was one of the best 3 players in the world in that season, in my opinion.

4 Likes