The weather

Nice.

From about the second week in July onwards it’s been sunny and warm every day apart from a week in August when it rained heavily every day but it needed to tbf haha to clear the skies for the next batch of sunshine :joy:

1 Like

You guys done better than us then, this last week of August has been brilliant but the first 3 were pure greyscale depression.

1 Like

For the most part living on this Island comes with the reality of the sky being mostly grey.

1 Like

That has to be one of the worst August’s on record for much of the South of England? No signs of it warning up for September either.

4 Likes

Laughs in 21 degrees sunshine currently

1 Like

Yep don’t ever remember a summer with so little sun! With out exaggerating I remember about ten days in June, supposedly that week I was away there was some sun and the odd day here and there, talking like 20 days total of sun. Actually unbelievable

1 Like

There was a week leading up the 23rd july, when the schools broke up, that was proper hot but other than that I can only think of some heat in early June. The rest has been pretty shit.

1 Like

I went to Marbella and the weather was heaven. Came back to bitter cold in the middle of August. I was fuming.

Definitely going back out there sometime in September to escape this shit weather. I really hate how bad the summer has been. I’d built it up in my head to be some type of super summer but it’s been far from that lol

2 Likes

:joy::rofl: trust me bro, me to. Come back to some dead weather, dark grey skies and rain. I thought it was going to be super summer as well, people all out and about having fun, lots of sun, bbqs and friends family. But it’s been the complete opposite, will try and get away this month as well. Legit feel like I’ve been robbed

1 Like

Bro, in my head I built this summer up to be the summer after all the madness of 2020 but it really turned out to be shit lol. I think I had more fun in 2020 summer.

Marbella was 10/10 though. Beach clubs, brunches, pool parties, night life. It felt like old times lol wanted to extend my stay but figured I’d go back after as I had some family stuff to attend to between the two trips.

You been to Marbella before? Definitely worth a trip with friends, family or even just the wife tbh. It’s

1 Like

It’s what?

You have to go there and find out

8 Likes

Yeah I agree bro it’s awesome, haven’t been there for a while but have to agree with you, think it’s definitely the spot to go to if you going Spain.

:joy: I know exactly what you mean about building up the summer :rofl:

Start of Spring here and we’ve started with a couple of 25/26 degree days, you love to see it.

Took this one this morning

10 Likes

Scotland has had its fourth hottest summer on record, according to provisional figures released by the Met Office.

The city of Glasgow, which will host the COP26 climate change conference, had its hottest ever summer since records began in 1884.

The Met Office said it was unusual for the UK’s highest August temperature to come from Scotland.

A high of 27.2C was recorded at Tyndrum, near Stirling, on 25 August.

Most of the UK recorded lower than average rainfall, with the exception of Northern Ireland and parts of eastern Scotland, according to the Met Office figures.

Dr Mark McCarthy, head of the Met Office’s National Climate Information Centre, said: “Summer 2021 will be remembered very differently depending on where you are in the UK, with record-breaking warm conditions in parts of western Scotland and Northern Ireland, while in the south and east it’s been much duller and wetter.”

What a summer eh :grin: @Castiel

3 Likes

Hopefully this is how summers are now moving forward. NI and Scotland in the sun England in the shade.

2 Likes

Having complained that the summer wasn’t hot enough, I’m now going to moan that it’s too hot :hot_face:

29 degrees is not for me.

3 Likes

Clive

2 Likes

Just spent four hours in a car. Fuck this weather.