The weather

I knew she was an SAS agent.

1 Like

Hertfordshire haha. And pretty much the same as yours, but with added snow.

1 Like

Nice try. We’re onto you now.

1 Like

I totally could be an SAS Agent. I have skills.

2 Likes

Haven’t had a day above 40 yet this summer, been a relatively cool summer for us.

1 Like

Define cool. Like 35? :laughing:

Had a foot and a half of snow on the ground since November here, Bizzy. Right now it’s a lovely sunny day with ice crystals. Still hovering around -47 with the windchill.

5 Likes

What do joggers do your direction this time of year?

No joggers about, Shammy - guess they must have treadmills in the house.

I’ve seen the odd person walking their dog. At these temps. you really can’t go out unles you’re bundled up in layers and keep all but your eyes well covered. A -47 windchill will freeze exposed flesh in less than 10 minutes.

4 Likes

Fuck that.

2 Likes

Fuck this.

2 Likes

I concur.

@giner is clearly the hardest bastard on OA.

5 Likes

My sentiments exactly. All the prairie provinces are in what’s called an ‘arctic vortex’ at the moment. If the wind would knock off, we’d be around -30. That’s not so bad. Still, the forecast is for the -12 range for the weekend. Break out the pina coladas. Stay warm. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Canadians are like that weird little cousin. A lot of fun to hang out with, but sometimes you just have to shake your head in confusion.

2 Likes

Hey, if you’d like some infill on this topic of coldness:

1 Like

Well today is 34 and I’ve just done 10km of ballast walking on the railways.

2 Likes

Sounds like a blast

2 Likes

Prefer my own exercise outside of work, but not going to lie I do like my job… paid exercise track inspections.

2 Likes

While we’ve had rails cracking from the cold, you must’ve had rails buckling from the heat, eh? I know the fishplates on shorter rail sections take up the expansion, but how does that work on the much longer welded sections?

1 Like

Scotland from space

7 Likes