The weather

-24 (-32 with windchill) and snow here. Will have to fire up the huskies to go out this afternoon.

Just a bit of a nip in the air then :wink:

yeah fuck that!!

And you chose to go live in that…

Mate in Bonnyville just msgd me saying it’s -29 and feels like -38 :dizzy_face:.

Yep, not really a day to be out and about.

It’s okay if you layer up.

Sure, builds, er, character. :slight_smile:

Aussiegoooner: Your bud’s about two hours from me. I’m in the city, so we do have it a bit warmer than out in the rural areas.

1 Like

Yeah she lets me have it if I ever whinge about cold weather in Melbourne :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Snowing for the first time this winter here. Fucking freezing!!

2 Likes

Temperatures of 40+ degrees at the moment in Victoria / NSW @Aussiegooner ?

12 days in a row of 42+ degree temps in remote communities in central Australia, dead brumbies (not brummies) piling up around no longer existent watering holes.

Australia’s screwed

1 Like

This morning:

Just to cool you down under blokes, here’s the view out the back of the house this morning. A little light snow in the air and -12. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Yeah got 39 today and 42 tomorrow. Lots of temperatures in the low to mid 30s overall though. I suppose we’re saved my being coastal a touch in Melbourne, poor inland have no respite :cry:.

Where do you live?

Edmonton, Alberta. Been a nice winter here, so far.

1 Like

42°c or -12°c. Really not a choice I’d ever like to make :laughing:

3 Likes

I said it was going to be mid 30s did I ? Yeah try 42 and it’s making my 10km walk after work tougher :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

1 Like

I could have emigrated to Australia, but I chose Canada. There’s no way I could function in 40+ temps. I tap out at around 25. That’s the thing, it gets a bit nippy here sometimes (some areas of Alberta are forecast for -40 tonight) but you just throw on another layer and you’re okay. At the other end of the scale once you’re down to your swimming shorts, what then?

4 Likes