The weather

1 Like

Looking at these posts and thinking #PrayforLondon

1 Like

A little trick for Parents with kids who have trouble sleeping or just want to cool down at night.

Before you go to bed run your cold tap for 30 seconds in your bath then fill it up to the max it can with cold water. This will draw heat out of the air into the water and make the upstairs cooler. Works better if you can leave the window open and a breeze runs over it.

Other tips as well are -

• Take your shoes and socks off to cool down - your head and your feet are the areas where the most heat escapes so don’t wear hats if you can and let those feet breath. You will feel the benefit straight away.

• If anyone here has a child or old person who is getting a bit fuzzy and a worry in the heat then get a bowl and fill with ice and do the above and pop there feet into it. Sometimes your out or somewhere this person cant strip off but the need cooling down asap, do this immediately.

• Your head is the other main area to consider when trying to get your body temperature down so stick it under a shower head or pop a cold flannel on there and balls to the hairdo.

• Don’t drink hot drinks. Yes they do raise the body temperature and make the outside feel cooler but this is no good if you are already overheating!! Have the cold drinks, get cool then maybe have a cup of tea or coffee.

• Eat spicy food as much as you can tolerate. Sure the bedroom might stink of Korma corkers but you will be cooler during the day as the sweating from the chilli will keep you cool. If you don’t like Indian eat Mexican or anything with a bit of poke.

• If you are travelling on the bus don’t sit at the back downstairs as that’s the hottest place on the bus and upstairs has better ventilation. Sit at the back up top and you will get the breeze through the windows best and often on the right there is air con on London Buses. Its not great but its better than nada.

• If you can, bonk as much as you can squeeze in time wise. Much better to face the heat relaxed and happy rather than a bit tight. Both men and women get increased sex drive in good weather and it will help you sleep.

• Close the curtains and open the window - that sun beaming in only heats up the air in the room so let it hit the curtain but keep the air flow going and the room will be cooler.

• Wear white. Its pretty simple and we all know why yet so many people go out in black shirts and shorts and dark colours.

If anyone else has anything to add to help feel free to contribute.

2 Likes

This gets you stabbed in London.

5 Likes

You will be fine. Worst case scenario is you will have to watch the Peckham Terminator.

Edit - just in case

Think you might have been looking for www.mumsnet.com :+1:

5 Likes

Nah that’s for girly girls to discuss their shopping …

Or whine about how the rain picked them to fall on especially like a big girls blouse…

:vulcan_salute:

I have like 31° degrees in my house :grimacing:

Can’t remember the last time it didn’t rain here. Sick of it. Would gladly swap this horrible shit weather for your 32 degrees heat in a minute :disappointed:

1 Like

It’s going to be 31 degrees in London today too

Think this is the last day though, drops to low 20s for the rest of the week, which will be perfect :smiley:

4 Likes

Last day of 36 degrees, thank the fuck.

Back to 24-26 rest of the week. I’ll no doubt be bitching about the rain within a day.

1 Like

Orange becoming rotten due the to hot weather :mustafi:

2 Likes

Wut about dem juicy italian tomatoes

1 Like

The weather out there today has been absolutely gorgeous. All that sunshine mixed in with the changing leaves on the trees makes it look very pleasant.

1 Like

Storm @Calum can you fuck off?

Cycled through a bloody burst drain and half the street was flooded, look like I’ve been swimming in shite now.

2 Likes

I am still with shorts and t-shirt here. Fucking hot!

Stai zitto

Not me he spelt his name wrong with two L’s :+1:

But lol at your story sorry hah

1 Like