The Conservative Party

Well I think it’s at least a group of MPs who would all happily cancel Brexit altogether. It’s the only thing they have in common.

Still, the whole exercise is a complete waste of time. Unless they campaign for parliamentary reform (and get it) they’re all going to lose their seats in 3 years to either Labour or the Tories, so there will be no “different” politics.

Soubry and Umunna are media sweethearts so I can see them making sure they’re booked to be all over the TV for the foreseeable future but I can’t see anyone giving much of a shit about the others.

Suprised to see Soubry there as she has largely supported her party and the PM on all matters bar brexit.

It pretty much is all about Brexit and they’ll find their campaigning during the next election, most likely post-brexit. It’s all largely for show and under new leaders in both parties they would likely rejoin.

It’ll ultimately be a bigger failure than the SDP and no where near as intellectually interesting. All members seem like your typical technocrat who are stamping their feet in anger because they are not being listened too

1 Like

With ERG in one corner and the far left in the other and of course the lib Dems not even in the room there is a place for a centralist party. Most of the country is somewhere in the middle. It’s just a struggle to be heard above the far right and far left.
As soon as we leave the EU, May will be got rid of and labour will realise Corbyn is unelectable as PM.

:fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Ouch

No one will look favourably on May legacy

3 Likes

Yes yes. Put her down

3 Likes

It’s ridiculously tough cicurmstances but she will surely go down as one the worst prime ministers. Absolutely no clear or intelligent thinking throughout her premiership.

Thing is who comes in next? What will be their position on her deal/brexit?

2 Likes

Q1. Leadsom.

Q2. Even more stupid.

1 Like

If they try to force her out on Monday she may push the nuclear option and call a general election…I do hope so

1 Like

Seems like people are saying Pob is going to be the new leader. Fuck me. The man who couldn’t even run schools properly.

POB ?

Honestly might not be a bad idea.

Oh Gove. He looks like Pob.

Yeah I should’ve just posted the picture of Gove myself.

Gove’s a survivor, after he stab Bojo in the back on the leadership challenge no one would have thought he would be back, but he is

I think him and Boris orchestrated that whole thing. He was probably going to win and he wanted no part of it and Gove was never getting enough support.

Could be, but Boris wants to be PM and that makes a lot of Tories worried to the point they would resign the whip. Give would never be trusted again

Gove

She’s quite clearly a smart and capable woman but no politician alive could have pulled off Brexit and it was her own stupid fault for trying to take it on

1 Like

She the fourth PM to try and she will go the same way. The hard right of the Tories is a branch of UKIP.

1 Like