The Conservative Party

The media are really trying to make this the biggest story of the week, but I’m yet to meet anyone in the real world, regardless of political orientation, who actually gives a shit about what he said either way.

If the Tories are going to try and use this to make any kind of misogyny point I can only see it making them look very petty.

2 Likes

Yeah, as if the Tories don’t have their fair share of mysogynists and racists lol

2 Likes

Because it’s an easy story, and I bet they’re all bored to fuck talking about leaving the EU.

Classic Westminster bubble ‘scandal’

How is this even a story?
I can’t see what is wrong with calling her “a silly woman.”
I could understand if he called her a silly man, because that would have been factually incorrect but she isn’t, she is a woman who Corbyn believes is quite silly.
What’s the problem?

4 Likes

I don’t get why May just doesn’t go.

She must know she’s being used, and the minute brexit happens and she takes the blame for it, she’ll be sacked?

Why is she doing this to herself? Surely not for power, because she barely has any.

She spends one day getting dicked by the public. The next day getting dicked by her MPs. The day after getting dicked by the opposition. And then the next day getting dicked by the EU?! Rinse and repeat. What’s the point?

May reminds me of Wenger tbh

2 Likes

Because if she goes then there’s a chance the reins get handed to a true Brexiteer who will accept taking the country down the no deal route

2 Likes

Like it or not, that’s what’s going to happen anyways. Only this way, she’ll take the blame for it…

Say what you will of Cameron, he was right to leave and not be involved in any of this nonsense.

1 Like

:arteta:

2 Likes

I sense a little bit of irony in that comment

Yep and the risk of an election. From a soft Brexit Tory point of view it’s essential to not resign.

4 Likes

Three Tory MPs defect to fledgling Independent Group

1 Like

General election coming…

This Independent Group interests me alot. They need more Labour MP to pick up steam

A new centrist party is raising, then.

1 Like

They have definitely done the right thing. I think the Tory splitters are somewhat brave, given that they cite actual reasons for leaving, such as discontent with the extent of austerity - from a Tory that’s a strong admirable position to take. Not sure what the Labour lot bring to the table - utter lightweights.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I think Tim Stanley (unsurprisingly) is being too black and white here. For the Labour splitters I don’t think Brexit is the main reason at all, it’s designed, for them, to do maximum damage to Corbyn, coinciding with them basically all being deselected. Timing it now with Brexit, I think, simply makes them look good.

For Anna Saubry I’d say it’s the prime mover. For Heidi Allen she’s always being crying about austerity, so it could well be a truthful statement from her. That she joined the Tories is an inexplicable fact but hey people often do utterly bizarre things. It’s probably a whole range of different reasons, most of them cynical.

But glad they did it.