The Conservative Party

nah man, our best newscaster (Channel 4) have been hammering them over the dark money, but nobody gives a crap.

The UK media is much worse than the US in terms of their pack mentality and ‘toeing the establishment line’.

So nobody else mentions it. We are probably unmatched in our ability to cover things up.

Tories broke rules on election spending in 2015, 2017 and the Leave campaign did so in 2016 too.

So that’s 3 elections where they broke rules and the Police didn’t do anything even when they discovered this because it would affect the politics of the country or some shit

It doesn’t matter.

Yes the Leave camp lied and cheated. But from the perspective of the leave voters they voted for what they wanted, they knew what they were voting for (essentially immigration and sovereignty). They didn’t cheat or lie. They just voted and won. Pointing out the cheating to them is a total irrelevancy.

But the margin was so small that it was the lies that swung it their way.

This is proved because all the polls after, have said that the remain vote would win.

This is why the Brexiteers are so worried that there shouldn’t be another referendum.

Nope. Even the Guardian don’t really push back on this issue.

Did they really know what they were voting for though? I remember reading a story right after the referendum which suggested quite a lot of people had no idea what leaving the EU would actually mean which is insane. I also remember seeing something funny online which showed a huge uptick in people googling “What does leaving the EU mean” the day after the referendum.

1 Like

Is could ask this for any kind of election tbh

Majority of Leavers people knew what they were voting for. The UK has always been eurosceptic and rejected further integration with the EU/Eurozone. It grew further as evidence by the rise of UKIP, a single issue party, commanding the third largest vote share in a general election.

Whether people fully understood the technical implications of leaving the EU is a different matter because it wasn’t clear to anybody how that process would regulate itself. It can be argued that the actual process of leaving was understated by Leave and not questioned enough by a poor Remain campaign. Turns out a coherent remain campaign now has appeared after the actual poll.

Its a little insulting to imply people didn’t know what they were voting for really, you can’t open the question to the electorate and then question their wisdom when the when the result doesn’t go your way. For better or worse that’s democracy

2 Likes

I find that most remainers are just as ignorant about the EU as the leavers I’ve met so I don’t think that’s an issue tbh. The idea that us remainers are more intelligent or bothered with more detail about the vote is silly

3 Likes

The unicorns will come!

Totally correct.

Looks as if the threshold has been met

1 Like

Part of me feels for her because this isn’t the mess she wanted to be dealing with, but she’s the one who put herself forward to be the Brexit PM and managed to get the race ended before Leadsom could publicly take her on regarding Brexit, so I guess it’s her own fault if it ends in tears.

But it was her that paid far too much attention to the extreme wing of the Conservative Party, which doomed the whole thing. There’s simply no way she could have gotten a deal that would appease everyone in her party, which meant she would always need votes from the opposite side of the House to get it passed.

This is hilarious :joy:

2 Likes

good example of the pathetic state of modern politics. empty virtue signalling for self gain

3 Likes

The thing about this whole “stupid woman” thing is his lips did not even form a “W” to say woman. It looked like he said stupid people. It just seems they trying to take a page out of American identity politics

1 Like

Corbyn should have just owned it. Said ‘yeah I said it. And what?!’

The vast majority of the country would agree that she is stupid.

Only problem is, Corbyn looks to be just as stupid.

1 Like

Professional lip readers seem divided.

Actually I think this wont harm Corbyn at all, but just make him look better.

I’m intrigued as to what this looks like. Any further details appreciated.

or maybe

2 Likes