The Conservative Party

As much as I’m not an admirer of Boris, the blatant BBC News bias against him and the Tory’s is almost as obvious as their transparent hatred of Trump.
I always thought that the BBC was a symbol of fair and unbiased reporting.

Surely it’s in Labour’s interest to keep him as PM until the next election anyway because Boris is a liability and if he is replaced, it’s going to be with someone more competent.

It’s not as if Labour have got any stand out leaders to go against whoever replaces Johnson.
They are barely ahead in the polls against possibly the worst and most incompetent Tory government there’s been.

As a Labour voter, I’m not even sure what they stand for any more.
It used to be for workers and poorer people in society but it seems as if they are spending most of their time and effort virtue signalling to the middle class elite, rather than ordinary working people.

2 Likes

I went through the exact same thing with CNN and Trump tbh :santi:

1 Like

What?! How is the BBC massively biased against the Tories??

You ever seen Laura Kuenssberg report or tweet? Have you not seen the Tories stack the executive leadership of the BBC with their people?

Part of how the Tories have got away with being as bent as they have been in the past couple of years is because of a servile press, people like Kuenssberg and Peston failing in their duties to honestly hold them to account.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t even sure what to make of that post. Especially when it turned into an attack on the Labour party also. Bit suspicious :grin:

Seems odd to me to end up ranting about a currently slightly left of centre Labour Party being “too bloody woke!” when the topic of discussion is the most staggeringly corrupt, dishonest and incompetent government anyone on this forum has probably ever seen in power. Priorities.

1 Like

@JakeyBoy would you rather see Labour win the next election whenever that is for you ? Or Arsenal win the league again in the next few years ?

Makes me sick

6 Likes

I know right… pink fucking crocs, the fuck is she thinking?

2 Likes

BBC biased against Tories? I’m cracking up

They’ve been their lap dog for how long now?

1 Like

do you guys genuinely think there is a good chance he’ll get thrown out over this?

I am genuinely curious what your takes are since you read the political climate better, to me these people in general are like cockroaches, they survive everything lol

3 Likes

How many right wing or even non left wing comedians do you see on programmes like Mock The Week or any political comedy show?

As I said, I can’t stand Trump or Johnson but the bias against them, from a supposedly impartial news organisation, is obvious.

As for Laura Kuenssberg, if she is the most right wing political reporter on BBC news, then it sort of proves my point.

If you think she and Peston give Boris an easy ride when they interview him, you should watch the so called Labour opposition who are worse.

This is the worst government most of us have seen, with corruption and incompetence reported frequently, yet the Tories are still ahead in most polls so why aren’t Labour calling them out at every opportunity.

Did 2015 to 2020 happen or am I just imagining it?

1 Like

What happened?

Corbyn led the Labour Party and absolutely did not get anything resembling an easy ride or favourable treatment as the leader of the opposition.

There’s a reason this came about

2 Likes

Get Boris Johnson out and the rabid mob go back to sleep as if anything has changed. This is politics.

He wasn’t a very good leader and wasn’t even liked by a lot of his own party.
Corbyn and people like Abbott are never going to appeal to floating voters so that is the reason they couldn’t beat a clown like Johnson.

Before him was Milliband, who was also unelectable and Starmer is marginal less worse.
Labour should have someone like Andy Burnham as leader, at least he has a personality.

The irony of that poster is that, whoever made it , seems to be the person doing the propaganda.
What do Kuenssberg and Peston do that is right wing?