The Conservative Party

To me, she’s a good argument of why her policies are needed :laca2:

Prevent more people like her coming.

Maybe that’s harsh and illogical

Jesus. She might as well raise her right arm after that speech.

There’s something about her facial expression that really unnerves me in this speech.

Like she genuinely looks quite evil saying this stuff

1 Like

I hate this current lot with my every living fibre. What they are doing to this country is a disgrace. Can only hope karma, if such a thing exists, catches up with these cunts.

2 Likes

What a fanny :joy::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Yeah it does always make me laugh when people say “oh they can afford a mobile phone though” about anyone on benefits. Unless you have a top of the range phone, you can get pretty cheap deals. Not to mention you need a mobile phone for general life these days. If someone is unemployed, advising them to get rid of their mobile phone will most likely keep them unemployed for even longer.

It’s as if some people want those on benefits to be living in sheds with not a single “luxury” in order to prove they need that £20 a week.

6 Likes

Pandemic has made people forget what a disaster UC was before it. It’ll be ugly.

I once participated in a workshop on how my Department assesses people’s income. I wasn’t as senior as I am now and I’m still not as senior as others I was sat with. One of them argued that you needed to check the bank accounts of people applying to see if they had Sky Sports or any other luxuries that this person would deem beyond the means of what someone on benefits should be able to afford. The others roundly agreed, I was the only one arguing it was nonsense.

Separately at a conference I met some people who were given the job of coming up with the questions for the Universal Credit application. These people were genuinely trying to design the questions in such a way to guide people down the path where they answer as few questions as required in order to get the maximum they are due.

The attitudes of the policy makers like my colleague in the first part often make the job of the people in the second part harder if not impossible.

1 Like

I read this clown of a prime minister is wanting a snap general election in the spring next year.

ffs do why do these cunts always call elections before the 5 year term is over lol

1 Like

I hope he does it. It’s gonna backfire. Not to a point where they lose but if they go from and 80 seat majority today a 20-30 seat one it’ll get the party nervous and he will be out on his arse before too long.

2 Likes

I doubt they would lose a majority just by the share fact that the opposition is so nonexistent that any idiot with a C next to they name can walk election just by saying “at least I’m not them”

Yep, didn’t say they’d lose their majority.

1 Like

Just watching the Labour Party conference made me depressed that I actually used to vote labour🤦🏾‍♂️. There is no hope for this country without a proper opposition which is just sad

2 Likes

No worries, that 14,000 word Keir Starmer pamphlet will inspire us…any minute now.

The BBC for you:

2 Likes

CONSERVATIVE +10
LABOUR -3

1 Like

No doubt this government is all over the place but not sure that Heseltine is in a position to predict it lol. The way former PMs like him and Blair continue to wield influence in the media is astonishing

I haven’t heard from him in years. Not sure he’s as influential as you think.

He’s also not a former PM :grin: