The Conservative Party

4 Likes

Why can’t they stay in France? It’s not like France is a third world country in fact they are just pushing the problem into us because they don’t want them

If they’re not wanted, then it’s no surprise some would come here.

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

No chance. Don’t think a PM will ever last that long again.

2 Likes

If he does we will be long gone as I believe he’ll be the prime minister that destroys the union :grin:

I can’t fucking stand Margaret Thatcher but he’s not fit to lace her boots. He’s not half the PM she was.

No one will beat her as worst prime minister here :joy:

She is absolutely hated

He’s just an idiot

1 Like

Yeah my comment is not on liking her, but competence. My parents despise her and that absolutely got passed down to me. But leaving that aside, she was a colossus, and he doesn’t belong in that conversation at all.

1 Like

Fair enough :+1:

I don’t see any reason he can’t last as long, or even longer.

We’re talking about English voters here

1 Like

He’s not serious enough about it, he doesn’t possess the drive required like Thatcher or Blair. They’re a totally different breed to him. He also doesn’t command respect or loyalty like they did.

All imo, of course. I can’t guarantee he doesn’t beat her, but I can’t see it. Only PMs who served longer than her and Blair were from the 18th and 19th centuries.

1 Like

He wanted the prestige and the name. Not the work

He must have been raging to be the first PM in 100 odd years to face a pandemic :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Exactly, partly why I can’t see him lasting longer than Blair or Thatcher. The reality of the job isn’t the same.

2 Likes

We are in a historic low in this country, in every tangible way we are probably worse off than we were 10years ago.

The health, life expectancy, wealth of the population, strength of the population, the economy relative to other countries etc.

Objectively made the country worse in almost evey way.

And yet there is no way their majority is at any threat.

Until they prove otherwise, I can only see the Tories winning every election and if they keep winning, why would he stop?

He’s over the worst of brexit.

Nah, that’s not what I meant. He’ll be fucked over by someone sooner or later and ousted as leader.

Who’s gonna fuck over a winner though? Sure, if he loses his majority.

I’d love to see it happen, but I’m done hoping.

I feel like you are conflating Tories winning General Elections with him being at the helm for those victories. I don’t think he really commands the loyalty or respect to survive into his third term in the pit of vipers that is the Conservative Party. Maggie was next level and even she got snaked by her party shortly into her third term. I think you’re very much understating what it takes to lead one of the big parties for the length of time we’re talking about. Leaving all else aside, I think he’ll get bored, it’s much too much like hard work for him, and he’s a greedy cunt who thinks he’s paid fuck all. He could earn 5 times as much doing far less work. Maybe he won’t fancy it after one term, I bet he would if he makes it through two.

Look, it’s all conjecture anyway. Fact of the matter is that barring death, both me and you will be on this forum when he leaves office, whenever that is. So we will eventually see who is right :grin:

2 Likes

You could say the same about Maggie, an unprecedented winner, but they still did.