The Conservative Party

I’d like to personally congratulate Boris Johnson on the birth of his fifth/sixth/seventh/eighth (delete as appropriate) child.

2 Likes

It’s a difficult one. The issue is senior civil servants have always tried to undermine government policy. They believe they know better than the politicians and try to push their own agenda. The 1980s Yes Minister is a insightful satirical comedy about the problems ministers have with civil servants

So if you don’t push them to carry government instructions, you don’t follow through on your manifesto and you betray the electerate. So it’s a very fine line between alleged bullying and trying to manage them to carry out instruction.

1 Like

He’s played a blinder.

4 weeks off with the virus and now he’s going to be off on paternity leave.

9 Likes

Someone needs to put sunglasses and a spliff on Boris right now

1 Like

Yeah, turns out rishi is a massive prick. Tories gonna Tory.

RIP any plans for Rishi to become PM. Done himself proper with this shambles today.

All set for Prime Minister Priti Patel, and some mugs to squeal how amazing it is we now got a woman of colour in charge :xhaka:

https://twitter.com/GerryHassan/status/1267865410873032705?s=19

Somebody really needs to give JRM a good kicking.
Guy is way to cocky for what he is.

SNP MPs shouldn’t sit in parliament, fucking unbelievable they’ve done this.

God I despise these Tories so so much.

1 Like

Yeah it’s an embarrassment. They’re trying to spin it like we’re trying to get people back to work so should lead by example, well how about leading by example on your “you must work from home if you can” policy, that would be a lot more powerful. Why make them go in so they can go through this farce of a distanced vote that takes an hour.

I don’t know how this can be seen as anything other than stifling democracy.

I imagine it’s because they want a full bench to jeer at Starmer.

Are Scottish MPs even allowed to travel that far right now? And it must be a ballache getting to NI and back. You want to bring hundreds of people from all over the country to one place, why?

4 Likes

In case people still care about anti-Semitism

1 Like

:grimacing:

1 Like

Sad times if the Tories get another majority at the next election.

Didnt the scheme get extended?

Yeah, he gets paid more but he also isn’t the government therefore it isn’t his responsibility to whip money out of his own pocket (on top of the tax he already pays) to pay for things the government should be funding.

Glad the scheme got extended.

4 Likes

Yes, after pressure following the initial decision. Damage already done by Tory MPs defending the initial decision and then the reaction after the U-turn, such as the last tweet I linked.

Is she an mp? I dont know her it just says she’s an ex barrister. It should also say fucking idiot on her profile as well

So the tory majority extended it.

Damage already done? What, people moan about anything dont they lol. The furlough scheme the self employed scheme the business loans, the food coupons still prayers about the government. How dare they listen to what someone has to say and change their mind.

The major wrong doing is the care homes and how long this lockdown has lasted for younger people because their immediate future is fucked.

I think this lady really doesn’t understand taxation.

1 Like

And he actually did put some of his own money into it. But even if he hadn’t put a penny into it, he’d have more than made up for that by the hard work, awareness and dedication he has given the cause. Not to mention, it’s not actually his job to end poverty.

6 Likes

Well done Marcus Rashford. There are children who I teach that will be grateful.

8 Likes

What school level do you teach, mate?

Dominique Raab and Pete Patel are pretty shaggable tbf :man_shrugging:

1 Like

He looks like he should be in a double act with David Walliams.

1 Like

So cash for policies it is then, blatant corruption completely out in the open.

But nobody cares. They’ll move on from this just like they moved on from Cummings.

5 Likes