The Conservative Party

These formats are so outdated and shit, just like question time. Even more so when you have five pathological liars on the stage

1 Like

Rory Stewart is a Lib Demmer in the wrong party!

1 Like

Left: Rory is a tory
Right: Rory is not a tory.
Everyone else: How good is Toy Story?!

2 Likes

@Bl1nk GOAT scene :wenger2:

1 Like

Turns out the Imam on last night who brought up Islamophobia is a massive anti-semite and also blamed women for rape.

Well done BBC, amazing work all round.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s an Anti-Semite at all. He’s got a very strong rapport with the Jewish community, he’s just extremely critical of Israeli policy which absolutely does not make someone an anti-Semite.

2 Likes

Yeah, I read an article but have just done some digging and it does seem to be all centred around the actions of the state of Israel. Hmm.

The wording of one tweet “how long will zionists hide behind the Holocaust cry” was a bit – crappy though.

I still think they shouldn’t have had him on though… this tweet is absolutely abhorrent:

1 Like

And yet I agree with most of it.

My only comfort is he’s clearly a misogynist, and coming at it from a position of control. Whereas I just want people to be safe as possible.

4 Likes

When you say “most of it”, which are the bits you do/don’t agree with?

I think the ‘it takes 2 to tango’ is where he goes from sensible to misogynist. Otherwise, aside from the silly ‘don’t be alone with a man’, it’s nothing of note.

1 Like

I would agree that “it takes 2 to tango” is where the line is crossed, after that it’s misogynistic bullshit. But a simple word count shows that over half of the tweet is pretty fucking objectionable if the aforementioned quote is the turning point.

He does say ‘don’t be surprised if you put yourself in that position…’ which is a bit questionable I suppose, because he doesn’t say what that position is.

Viewing at we are, without seeing the context, it is hard to say what he means by “that position”, as it could be in response to something very specific. But without the context, which is the only way I can view it with his social media being deactivated, my mind immediately goes to the fact that in the vast majority of rape and assault cases women haven’t out themselves in any sort of “position”, they’ve been going about their business when a predatory man has decided to molest them. That makes the shifting of responsibility by accusing women of putting themselves in a “position” pretty objectionable to me.

Also, as you’ve acknowledged, he’s clearly a misogynist, so why would I give him the benefit of the doubt? As @Jules says he’s coming at it from a position of control and misogyny, he’s not offering genuine advice out of concern for women. He’s scum.

You see, I’m a bit more plain. I don’t agree with a single word of his tweet.

All it does is highlight his misogyny. I don’t need any context or more info to explore my verdict any further.

1 Like

I think his last line gets to the heart of it - ‘don’t be alone with a man’. It’s a religious tweet. It’s a very weird thing to say separated from a religious outlook which sees women as some sort of object. Someone concerned for women’s safety would not end on a note like this.

Why are men called misogynist when the should be called mr-sogynist…I’ll get me coat.

1 Like

That’s the bit I objected to, along with not with not being alone with a man.

It’s the Champions League final all over again

It’ll never happen, but I’ll win £110 if Hunt wins.

Placed a tenner on him to be next Tory leader at 11/1 about 8 to 10 months ago haha

1 Like