U.S. Politics

US unemployment at 26 million people I think.

It must frustrate American democrats to see McConnell continue to run rings round their pitiful efforts.

Schumer and Pelosi are pretty shit. But then I suppose it’s on brand as they are basically the republicans but have nice ‘PR’ with minorities.

1 Like

Likely higher as benefits websites have crashed due to over capacity and states, especially southern states, are purposely either underreporting or putting up more obstacles to apply.

American centrists man. What have you foisted upon the world?

Seriously, If so many young voters, women, minorities etc. All desert Biden in the general, I won’t even blame them.

1 Like

Interrupting my Motown classics with these bullshit recommendations :joy:

As a liberal I have to admit this is a great and honest commentary by Ben Shapiro over the left completely owning itself:

Fuck me :joy:

1 Like

That’s how you get back the black vote, who went for Trump last time. He’ll be calling people “the deplorables” any day now.

What a joke of a candidate :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If trump gets a second term it will be because the black vote breaks for him enough to do it.

And will probably be helped by shit like this. Black’s are more conservative than I thought before this year.

People like Candace Owens will definitely be loving this ammo they have now.

1 Like

Not many black people did vote for Trump last time, they just didn’t show up.

Biden telling voters to vote for someone else:

1 Like

Right or wrong, most African Americans think this is true though. Prominent AA Trump supporters are looked down upon to some extent.

I hear people say there’s a good chance Trump’s going to win it simply because Biden seems absolutely incompetent and is simply a terrible Dem candidate, talks poorly in general and is even older than Trump.

Right before dolan was elected I was guaranteeing everyone around me there’s no way that jester is winning, they may be silly across the pond but not that silly. Then I thought for a good while that well ok but there’s no chance that jester is getting a second spell, not because he keeps doing dumb things but just any Dem candidate will look so rational next to him it’ll be an auto-win, dolan is definitely out after these 4 years.

Then I watch the Dems come up with… nothing, really for candidates lol I think Tulsi Gabbard seemed somewhat reasonable? out of the candidates from what I heard in talks and interviews etc. but apparently she wasn’t popular at all. It is too soon for Bernie style, then there’s Biden and that old lady I forgot her name which I guess speaks for itself.

now I think dolan will win and I’ll be proven wrong again :smiley: haha

1 Like

To use a term you familiarised for me, its the optics. This old white guy, in response to a black interviewer saying he’d like to ask him more questions, dismisses it by saying you aren’t black if you don’t support him over Trump. That’s such a bad look :joy:

1 Like

Some of the reasons I’ve heard for a long time and make sense, but some don’t.

For example, Obama wasn’t the establishment candidate in 2008 yet won big with minorities.

I think minorities, like all other regular people don’t give as much of a shit about politics as we think.

And Biden, like Clinton has name recognition, and as mentioned in the article, some longstanding ties to black community leaders.

But I also think there’s a group of conservative democrats in the south that don’t like what Bernie was offering but would also never vote for a republican.

1 Like

He can get away with it because The Republicans are the anti-African American party. They opposed Civil Rights, to this day they put in voter supresion laws to stop none white voters voting, their gerrymandering deliberately suppresses the effect of the black vote, they opposed integration and voted against black kids being bussed to white schools, Republican held states massively divert funding away from black schools to white schools, they are the party that marched against the country’s first bi-racial President and elected an overt racist. Trump also took out 5 adds asking for the execution Central Park 5. These were young black boys (14-16 IIRC) wrongly convicted of the gangrape of a white girl due to coerced interogation.

However Biden should be working harder giving voters a reason to come out and vote for him, rather than stay home.

1 Like

I still have to keep reminding myself that the person tweeting is the President of the USA.

2 Likes

Best pick?

In terms of campaigning, I’d say Warren or Kamala. In terms of policy I’d say Warren again or Val Demings.

Harris or Demings. Not that either are good. They’ll be marketed as brining the country together, when in fact Harris was a prosecuter off a department that got black man locked up on mass and IIRC one was innocent, she knew he was innocent and left him in prison (I mgiht be muddling this with Klobochar). And Demings was in charge of a brutal police department. Given they couldn’t reform themselves, she’s been part of the problem

Demings carries weight because she’s from Florida so might carry some favour in winning a swing state. Harris is a corporatist and Team Biden will love that

Warren will be seen as too anti-corporate for Joe’s donors, especially with the reasonable chance he may die in office. They also don’t really want the look of an old white man and an old white woman

Lance Bottoms is Atlanta Mayor so they could pick her looking to try and win Georgia but there’s a low chance of that. She also doesn’t have the Washington experience.

So I think it’ll be Harris.

1 Like