U.S. Politics

Lol everyone in the DNC throwing their name in the hat thinking they are gonna have a chance to dethrone Trump as easy pickings. DNC hasn’t learned a thing, they are only gonna fragment the party more whereas the Republicans are united.

I really fucking hate our system here. It’s trash. The honest truth is that we needed someone like Trump to shake things up, but it woulda been nice to have a candidate that actually was respectable and knew his shit. Trump is a joke, but at least he threw a wrench in the otherwise corrupt political machine that churns out handpicked puppet candidates.

Seems like there’s a battle between the Social democrats and the moderates.

The Nom battle will come down to Bernie or Harris, with Harris winning by being a cleaner Hilary

I laugh at all the talking heads hating on Bernie but gushing over AOC like they don’t have extremely similar politics.

One is a young Latin woman yet the other is a old Jewish white guy. Main difference I can see.

Identity politics-obsessed weirdos.

Funnily enough when they elect a minority woman, they then hate on what she says too (see Ilhan Omar) They just want multicoloured parrots like @BigWeng_4LYFE said.

1 Like

Glenn Greenwald vindicated on the Mueller report and Trump/Russia.

MSNBC is a cancer to ‘liberal’ America.

Good job rehabilitating the morons who got it completely wrong on Iraq, CIA and other intelligence officials and torturers and also British shit-for-brains like Louise Mensch, “resistance” :arteta:

1 Like

I thought the Russia thing would be dragged on into President Trump’s 2nd term.

And yet they probably dragged it on a year more than it should have been.

I’m no lover of Trump but this “Russian collusion” was so obviously a petty conspiracy theory from the outset, driven by people foaming at the mouth at any chance of taking him out just because they don’t like him. Every single indictment that ended up coming out of it was unrelated to the actual issue in the first place.

They created a pile on with this nothing burger for two years and made him look like he was under siege, and now he’s probably going to end up stronger than he was before.

4 Likes

It wasn’t conspiracy theory at all - there was plenty of circumstantial evidence (and still is)… the issue is that the standard for a Special counsel (without talking to any of the Russian indictments or the central figure) was always almost impossible without a complete smoking gun… remember a lot of people still think Nixon would not have gone down without the tapes.

The problem is the narrative the Dems played was wrong… they should have been pounding the drum over and over (just like Trump) for “look, we doubt he was doing anything purposefully illegal with corrupt intent, but we need to make sure - it was either that or gross incompetence and naivety by him and his staff/family, and we think the record of incompetence seems the most likely outcome”

Then just hit the drum “crime or incompetence and naivety”…

Dems just suck at the game.

Circumstantial evidence can’t be good enough to impeach a sitting President, because with that standard we could expect every single president to have to fend off impeachment with any supposed scandal that arises. They just want to get him out of there, many of the Dems have flat out talked about impeachment just because they don’t like the President.

The good news for the Dems is that there is an election next year and they’ll have their chance to take the White House back. The bad news for them is that I’m not sure they have any candidate right now who is good enough to do it, and their party isn’t particularly on the same page when it comes to many of the most important issues.

It isn’t, but when you can’t actually investigate properly, you have zero chance.

In fact, the Republicans and Trump himself have been talking about impeachment far more than the Democrats. It is Fox News, Trump, etc. that have brilliantly set the narrative about “no collusion” (a total BS non-criminal nonsense claim regardless) and “witch hunt” (they are just angry Dems trying to take out a duly elected President and are a bunch of sore losers).

There have been around 37 indictments associated with the investigation, which was actually pretty damn narrow… MANY of those indictments will never be interviewed and many key witnesses (including Trump himself) will never been interviewed on the matter.

This isn’t a typical criminal situation for so many reasons… and Dems knowing that Republicans can stonewall an impeachment, it was never, ever, ever going to happen without even more than a smoking gun… Republicans overreached with Whitewater and ended up impeaching Clinton for sexual misconduct (fishing expedition, anyone?) and ended up more unpopular.

Dems are morons, but not that level of moronic.

One other thing I’ll say, the Special Counsel investigation by Mueller was way below average in terms of longevity… Iran-Contra went over 6; Whitewater went over 7; etc…

Agree with @Great-White-Gooner it’s terrible optics for the democratic party. First you’ve got Hillary a week before the election talking about how undemocratic it is to contest the results of an election which she then proceeds to contest with rhetoric about the electoral college, and then it looks like nothing but sour grapes to investigate Trump so diligently and still come up with nothing. Dems are looking devoid of ideas atm. I hate our political system but atm the dems have egg on their face.

3 Likes

Disagree completely… the investigation started b/c Russians affected our election, not even in question. Trump campaign (and family) welcomed a meeting with Russian officials to deliver “dirt” on Hillary. There is so many reasons that the investigation was absolutely proper and also had not a f*ing thing to do with the Democrats - it was the FBI and the appointment of a Special Counsel, a non-partisan (and Mueller is actually a life-long Republican), at least partially because of Trump’s own admission that he fired the Head of FBI “because of the Russian investigation” and then later the AG, often citing his “recusing himself.”

One can argue Dems are idiots about a lot of tactical/competitive things politically, and i would agree, but you are singing off of Trump’s hymn sheet if you are somehow ascribing the investigation to the Democrats.

ANd circumstantial evidence gets people convicted all the time btw.

I wonder how Rachel Maddow will spin this.

1 Like

Naivety is such a quaint word.

Like getting a blowjob?

The truth is, we don’t know what Mueller came up with because his report hasn’t been released. We’ve received a 4 page summary created by Trump’s AG. That’s it. Call me paranoid, but I don’t put a lot of faith in Barr to give us a full and complete accounting of what Mueller actually unearthed.

At least Clinton got his blow job for free. Trump’s cost him $130,000. The art of the deal, I suppose.

This Mueller thing has just been for openers. There a whole pile of shit coming for Trump on non-Russian things. What is it up to now, 19 actions in the pipeline? He’s not out of the woods yet.

And his mistress has been going around saying he has a small cock, and a crap lay :slight_smile:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Haven’t quite reached the point of One World Government just yet. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Agree we don’t know much but it was incredibly unrealistic for an investigation with both hands tied behind its back to reach threshold worth impeaching on with a pathetically complicit Senate. Regarding naïveté, Kushner exemplifies.

I really don’t like Trump and think he is a chump. I was a Bernie Sanders supporter that election cycle.

Having said that this whole Russia collision thing is nonsense. Every single right wing candidate is now suddenly colluding with Russians. Yeah, no. Maybe the left collectively should look at themselves for why people didn’t vote for them.

In the case of Clinton / Trump, Clinton winning the popular vote aside, she didn’t win, not because of the Russians but because of her own incompetence. Ran a campaign based on identity politics (smeared Sanders supporters for women haters if they didn’t vote for her), Clinton foundation involved in receiving money from dubious nations and individuals for influence, she neglected the poor side of America (not that Trump does any better but at least he had the rhetoric there for them), she kept confidential matters on her personal server, and a whole list of other things that just made her such a disliked candidate for people on either side of the political spectrum.

What did the Russians supposedly do? Leak all this information? We should know these things anyway, so we can make informed choices.

The whole Russian thing is a cheap excuse to avoid responsibility for one’s own failing.

Them Russians are some spectacular superpower if they can influence every election across the West. Or perhaps people are changing their minds and drifting because they’re sick of the current politics and politicians. Can’t be that, can it.

1 Like

What I will say to that is outlined quite nicely here:

I doubt Mueller would stand for being misrepresented

1 Like