U.S. Politics

I remain skeptical.

1 Like

What do you guys think of the 1st step bill?

Michael Cohen given a three year custodial sentence.

1 Like

Shit is getting real over here. I don’t know what is going to happen. But what ever it is, it will have lasting consequences.

1 Like

There have been plenty of other people in Trump’s cabinet that have gone on to criticise him, so it is nothing new.
Until a viable opponent comes up, Teflon Trump is there to stay.

The same could easily happen in this country.

The idea that someone like Boris Johnson could become Prime Minister would have been laughable a few years ago, but unfortunately the great British voting public would rather have an Eton educated buffoon as our leader than anyone from the opposition.

5 Likes

I asked a question about the first step bill by trump, yet nobody answered why is that?

Probably because it’s a brilliant bill but none of us LIBTARDS are willing to admit it.

I dunno, I’ve never heard of it. Maybe try linking an article, telling us your opinion, and then asking what people think. That might elicit a response

2 Likes

It’s a bill which seeks to reform their criminal justice system. A bill which has had bipartisan support since its inception, so I’m unsure why you’re trying to credit Trump. It wasn’t his bill at all.

@Jules is right. The First Step Bill or First Step Act 2018 is a Federal Criminal Reform scheme. In the United States we have Federal laws and Federal Government but also State laws and State government. I believe the closest thing the UK has to that would be the devolution leading to increased home rule in places like Scotland and Wales.

The First Step Act will reduce Federal prison time and could ultimately lead to Federal prisoners being released. It’s not really a big overhaul (hence the name “First Step”) and it doesn’t really reach the bigger problem which is the fact that most people incarcerated in the United States aren’t in Federal Prison.

1 Like

There you go @mhappy, there’s something to get your teeth into

So wait he puts it forward and it is t his bill; but the previous president did nothing of the sort.

By the way a few democrats voted against it early this year.

The only thing Trump did was sign the bill into law. He didn’t “put it forward”. The bill was introduced by Dan Sullivan nearly two years ago and has always had bipartisan support.

1 Like

I love the idea of Trump writing legislation :joy:

That cheesedick can barely write his own name. Cannot wait until he’s gone.

Who do you think the Dems are going to put forward to oppose him?

Also, do you think Joe Kennedy will ever try and run for President?

I feel like he’s the most obvious Democrat candidate ever but he’s never ever mentioned in any capacity ever I guess maybe it’s to do with his age.

The Dems are so stupid, I can see them putting Hilary forward again.

I see Beto O’Rourke mentioned a lot but I’m not sure if he’s the man to win in 2020

Way too early to know who the Dems would nominate. I really don’t think they’d nominate Hilary again although I’m sure there are some in the political consultant class who believe she’d be a good bet. I just can’t see it.

If it’s not Hilary, it’ll be Joe Biden. And he’ll lose to Trump.