U.S. Politics

The Clintons are one of the most dubious characters around. Don’t know how they’ve survived in this current political climate

3 Likes

Clinton for 2020 might as well give trump the win

3 Likes

Call yourself a democrat all sins are forgiven :joy:

Wow that makes so much of a difference; as long as you seem on the surface to have no affiliation, then you parrot the same things as MSNBC, NBC, Huffington post, New York Times, Vice, Vox, CNN and many other left leaning papers but let’s ignore that.

Where did you read this btw, all I’ve seen is her saying she’d like to be president (of course she would) but that she won’t run again.

The main runners from the democratic side seem to be Beto O’Rourke, Kamala Harris and Cory Booker

Well as much as you might like to think/pretend otherwise, there is a distinct difference between an organisation that has no affiliation to a particular party and an actual Republican politician.

The use of the subtly negative term “parrot” certainly implies which way you lean on this matter. But I say imply because just recently you said you lean right on some things and left on others, so I should be fair here, though I’ve never once seen you say anything remotely left leaning in any political matter up for discussion on here.

Just because you have no affiliation doesn’t mean you don’t have a political ideology, which means you can still be biased because of those politics.

He showed an article, I went to have a look, I found articles that says otherwise; or should I listen one point if view?

We’ve never discussed a topic I lean left on, thus I’ve never had to show my lefty credentials.

The Wall Street Journal reports it. Hope it is not true because it would be a disaster.

I didn’t say it does. I’m just saying there is a distinct difference between just how partisan the two things are.

Make sure you @ me when this mythical moment arrives in which you display your “lefty credentials”, I really wouldn’t want to miss it. Til then I’ll relish every right wing, Trump defending hot take :slightly_smiling_face:

@mhappy what’s your thoughts on Acostas press pass being taken away?

A lot of jornos say it was right to be taken away, because he was not acting like a journalist at the presser and was not being professional at all. And it’s not the first time he has done such things. He was putting personal vendetta in front journalist integrity. And plus the press pass is not a right it’s a privilege that can be given and taken away. Ask your question pass the mic it was not the time or place for that others had questions to ask it was not the Acosta show

1 Like

It is however also important that you do not allow the elected representatives of the people to get away with answering “blueberry, next” whenever they feel like it because you should honor some process and just pass the mic when they do. They’re (Dolan here) elected by Acosta as much as anyone else, he’s a “shareholder” in the country Dolan runs if you will. Dolan has a responsibility towards Acosta and he behaves as if he doesn’t, many consider that as much more serious than honoring traditions in passing the dutch in a timely fashion. I mean microphone.

Well he was not acting with professionalism and integrity. Despite knowing that CNN won’t act in good faith Acosta was still there. The question is why did he not pass the mic after he asked several times, what about the intern.

If Acosta felt aggrieved report that trump was evading questions and did not have answers for the country; instead he went for provocation with personal questions, thus lost the privilege of the press pass.

Funny to see that Fox News have actually backed CNN in their fight to get Acosta his pass back then, isn’t it?

FOX News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized. While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the President and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people.

If even Fox News are saying that the White House totally wrong to do this you’ve gotta take a step back and wonder…

still does not take away from the fact that he stoppped doing his job and when on a personal vendetta. That’s not representing the people that’s just being self serving egoist like the person he is antagonizing. If he took Socratic approach to his questioning or reminded Trump that he has not answered the question at hand. He did neither while making the people he does not agree with him question his integrity as a journalist. To get people to agree or understand your point you don’t antagonize them. He did not do his job there has to face the concequences of this deliberate and repeated behavior. He even did it when trump was holding talks with Kim jun un.

Yet despite all that, Trump supporting and CNN hating Fox News still unequivocally say that his hard pass should not have been revoked.

CNN and Fox said it should not be done Washington post and others said it should. The fact still stands he was not doing his job and crossed the line. No professional should be acting that way childish and obtuse. But I’m not surprised when it comes to American news outlets and msm which just serves propaganda, talking points and ideology with a sprinkle of news.

2 Likes

Lol I still stand by my point NO PROFESSIONAL should be acting like that. I’m a labour voter and a Bernie supporter. But at the same time I don’t have a irrational hate for a man I don’t know :+1:t5:

I don’t think there’s anything irrational about hating Trump, and knowing him personally isn’t relevant in the slightest.

But fair play, we all have our own outlook :+1: