U.S. Politics

Democrat decision apparently.

Hahahaha

Bit of both…

The Biden administration didn’t include the extensions in its latest $1.5tn spending bill, reportedly at the insistence of the Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell. McConnell has not commented publicly on the issue, and his office did not respond to a request for comment

But a GOP aide told Politico in March that it was no longer necessary to expand school nutrition programs more than two years into the pandemic.

According to that article the program came into being in March 2020 in a Democrat led congress.

They’re all cunts.

1 Like

We’ve got billions to spend on police budgets so we can enable cops to stand around and watch as innocent kids get gunned down and do fuck all about it, but cant give kids free lunch huh?

6 Likes

Feeding hungry kids should be amongst the top priority of any cunt in politics.

2 Likes

Just realised I only muted the Current News (or whatever it is called) thread. Muting this one now. You’re welcome!

Didn’t ask

3 Likes

Thanks for informing us. The ‘head in the sand’ tactic works great.

Just in case anyone got the wrong impression, the “you’re welcome” bit was some running humor specific to me vs. @shamrockgooner, and my reply to him was just about muting, not any attack on any comment here. He also advised me to mute on the other thread, and I just needed to do the same here because there seems to be some overlap between the two threads. Happy Sunday guys. For the best, I’m here only as an Arsenal fan.

I want to know more about this. Where does fruit end up where it doesn’t belong? Don’t tell me you don’t love apple crumble…

Apple crumble is great.

But on GBBS they’re always making cookies or cakes and they start out with something normal like vanilla and cardamom but then go insane and add peaches or they’ll do a peanut butter and chocolate cookie but add kiwi custard or something like that.

1 Like

To be fair, on those sort of shows they’re always doing different things because they need to stand out. Regular people here don’t do that.

1 Like

I’ll have to take your word for it. I played it pretty safe when I was over there in terms of desserts. I wasn’t eating vegan at that point so I was consuming ridiculous amounts of bread, butter and jam. It was phenomenal.

Of course, the minute someone makes a vegan digestive I’ll be all over that shit.

The mainstream right political party in the United States lady gents.

This story just gets worse.

Not a bad statue of liberty impression but without the torch I can’t go beyond 6/10

1 Like

Beyond satire.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/13/1104570419/ohio-dewine-guns-teachers

This is so fucked up on so many levels. I think about some of the wonderful teachers I had growing up and how kind or encouraging or (how surprisingly) funny some of them were. These people did not sign up to do some shithead police officer’s job. To have these Republican politicians hang them out to dry on bogus curriculum controversies only to turn around and demand that the teachers confront some idiot incel with an automatic weapon is so very dumb and so predictably American.

1 Like

So so wrong.

The new law’s backers include state Sen. Frank Hoagland

Of the few people who testified in favor of the bill in the last hearing on the legislation, one was the CEO of S.T.A.R.T, a company Hoagland founded to advise schools and other entities on security

And so corrupt too.

Yikes

Edit: that’s a video in the actual tweet not sure why it hasn’t come through on here.

1 Like

Some idiot on this forum argued with me that the Republican party isn’t an unhinged terrorist organization.

Now that the useless Jan. 6th public hearings are going on all you hear are crickets from the same folks who say it was NOT an attempted coup.

Lol…far right fascists under the Republican Party banner attempted a coup and are now committing violence against political opponents.

2 Likes