U.S. Politics

A few of us were discussing this over a couple of beers last night. Our working theory is that unless The Rock or Oprah runs he’ll win again.

1 Like

Sessions wouldn’t have stopped Muller and rightly so.

Such as the half truths of race realism, the taken out of context bell curve (race and I.Q.), and certain perceptions of nobody needing a certain amount of welfare.

The alt right is just wrong on all fronts.

What has any of that got to do with my post?

Did you not as a question about my qoute?

Oops, sorry. Forgot about that and thought you were responding to my more recent post.

Fair enough.

It’s too close to call really and it always comes down to the battleground states. He lost the popular vote in 2016 despite not having a candidate who could energise the populace or resonate in the battleground states. In 2018 we have seen a 55-45 swing for the Dems. The ‘whitelash’ in 2016 will have a backlash of more ‘anyone but Trump’ voters in 2020. Any left winger/minority who stayed at home in 2016 will be coming out in 2020.

None of that means he can’t win and it depends how his opponent comes across in terms of personality. Because issues alone don’t seem to get enough people out. Actually American’s seem to need a very very simple slogan more than anything ‘Change We Can Believe In, Yes We Can’…‘Make America Great Again’. Hillary didn’t have a slogan.

She had “I’m with her”:joy: to this day I struggle to figure out what that means as a concept for the people. “Yes we can” and “make America great again” speaks to people they can draw and superimpose they own mean on those. I’m with her was just flat.

What about policies that resonate with people? If you think slogans personality won him the presidency alone, you’d be wrong.

Hilary and dems has nothing to offer ordinary Americans.

I am a big follower of US politics

Still laughable that MSM totally missed the whole story of Trump 2016. Even on the night they were all going ‘this is a shock’ etc

Only a shock if you ignored the massive rallies, the online campaign, the sense of change coming.

Trump is a certainty to win in 2020 as winning three more Senate seats shows. He’ll flip states he narrowly missed in 2016 like Virginia and have an even bigger electoral college victory

Preach Pede

What exactly does Trump offer to ordinary Americans in terms of policies? Every decision he makes is for big business and fucking the average American.

So you deny that the tax cuts did nothing for the working class as well the reduction of red tape allowed jobs to return and allowed employers to employ more people?

I get you don’t like him but seriously come on.

Here is another what has the democrats put forward to better trump That’s appealing to you?

Two biggest issues are the economy and immigration

Trump destroys the Dems on both

That’s why he will win

Dems don’t have a single viable candidate to put up and are totally divided between the corporate neo-con Dems and the extreme left communist open border mob

What are they going to run on? We are not Trump? Raise taxes? Open borders? Cut spending on military?
How will any of that help?

Trump is nailed on in 2020

1 Like

The way you describe Trump and his presidency I’m absolutely amazed that he lost the House of Representatives.

For what it’s worth I think Trump may win again in 2020, especially as the dems don’t really have a candidate to go up against him. But how you can say such things with that level of certainty astonishes me.

Tom Hanks runs in 2020 with Hillary as his VP. Resigns the day after his inauguration, Hillary for President.

:wenger2:

1 Like

I follow in detail from a wide range of sources on a daily basis.

Cannot see anyway, apart from mass demographic changes in battleground states like Florida, Dems can win the electoral college votes they need

That is as long as the economy continues to rattle along like it is - that is vital to Trump

The fact GOP won more seats and governerships in the mid terms suggests they have advantages in State wide voting which will help them in the General.

Mark my words, nailed on Trump 2020

Now the democrats have the house, do you think they will do anything productive, or try to do investigations on trump and waste the countries time, because their have nothing else?

Yup

Obstruction, delay and investigations

They have no policies to offer

I dont doubt you do but two years is a very long time in politics. All manner of things can change on a geo-political level or perhaps big events within the US which are impossible to forsee.

I agree that Dems will waste their time if they pursue Trump as a person relentlessly. But the US system of government allows for them to block legislation and pretty much be as awkward as possible, much like what the republicans did to Obama in his final term. The Democrats will need fresh ideas on issues such as the economy and immigration though. Trump is hardly infallible