Transfer Wishlist

Totally but they opted for Diaz :pray:

imho Mane had it allā€¦ Salah going to his levels no one could anticipate, but he was always lightning and had such great, great feet.

Theyā€™ll need another forward this summer imo. Think Salah goes and one of Firmino/Mane go. They just reload with Jota, Diaz, Raphina plus whoever stays out of the current front three.

1 Like

I think Salah stays with Mane maye being the one to go if any.

Donā€™t think they can afford to let him walk, gonna have to drop a heavy bag this time

Didnā€™t Klopp play Mane up front against Norwich and had Diaz play where Mane usually does. He may have other ideas.

From what I recollect Liverpool runs a tight ship on wages, so it is sort of 50/50.

1 Like

Yeah, theyā€™re known or being cheap with wages but losing Salah pretty much closes their window for the biggst trophies IMO at least until after Klopp is gone and itā€™s a stretch even then because far too many of their key players are in their 30ā€™s or thereabouts.

You have to spend eventually or be left behind, it wouldnā€™t suprise me if they didnā€™t pay him because Iā€™ve always thought that Fenway have an air about them of just being happy to be in the mix rather than building a dynasty especially after winning the league.

2 Likes

Agree 100% on your last sentence, thatā€™s the crux if it.

Oh absolutely. They can coast for a while after winning two enormous trophies, especially after Klopp leaves and theyā€™re looking for a new manager.

Pukki and Bamford would be good squad options.

I think our backup striker though will be much younger though. I think weā€™ll follow the same practice as with Lokonga and Tavares.

Wout Weghorst

1 Like

There are a few strikers in those teams that could do a good job like DCL, Toney, Weghorst, Banford, Dennis and Richarlison.

A lot of clubs are going to be looking at Burnley players like Tarkowski and Cornet, Everton have got Pickford, Keane and Gray but Leeds have got Raphino and James who would be good for most PL clubs, if they get relegated or not.

Apparently he was a bit of a dickhead at Wolfsburg.

Only maybe Richarlison but even heā€™s too inconsistent for me and seems to get a few injuries. Nevermind they paid 50m for him so wouldnā€™t be cheap.

Rest of the clubs have garbage players and thats why they are down there.

All these strikers would cost much more than they are worth, even in a relegated team.

We should be moving away from strikers who arenā€™t elite, otherwise we couldā€™ve kept Laca and Auba for 3 more seasons.

Ideally our squad options are young hungry players who wonā€™t be first choice anyway. Thereā€™s always a risk of a Willian parallel where starts for younger players get blocked. I think we need to wait until summer and assess where Balogun and Martinelli are at that point.

Weā€™ve got Richarlison home in Martinelli. Heā€™s younger too.

Aye fair point, wouldnā€™t take any then :sweat_smile:

If available for reasonable sums of money Iā€™d shoot for Raphina and one of either Toney, DCL or Weghorst for the striking option.

I wouldnā€™t want any of the strikers to be our first choice option though Iā€™d expect them to be signed as back up hence why Iā€™d want them to be signed for reasonable money.

2 Likes