Transfer Wishlist

It really on what CF profile fits with what Arteta is trying to achieve.

I think his system favours poacher types tbh

Haha Iā€™m not so sure, look at the Auba situation.

We need a forward who has a well rounded game IMO, thatā€™s the ideal.

I like Toney as a player, Iā€™m just not sure heā€™ll be good enough to be the focal point for a club that is hopefully aspiring to be consistently in the Champions League.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think there is any doubt, heā€™s nowhere near that level. I have watched him at least twice to arrive at this conclusion.

2 Likes

What do you guys think about Patrik Schick? I had kind of written him off as a player who was a big prospect that never kicked on, but over the last two years (including this one) at Leverkusen he has 17 non-penalty goals in 2600 league minutes, which is really good and he has a pretty well rounded game in terms of technique, size and aerial ability, etc. Obviously had a good Euros too. I feel like the football world might not have caught up to how well he has been playing recently.

Vlahovic is a much bigger prospect due to his age but it feels like if we like his player profile then Schick is pretty similar and maybe worth targeting if Vlahovic isnā€™t possible.

1 Like

Agreed, if we were looking for a cheap temporary solution he wouldnā€™t be a bad shout.
I think the club is targeting for a higher calibre at a better age though.

Btw, am I alone in wondering what role Balogun is going to have in the upcoming years?
Most of the names weā€™re linked with are under 23. Surely thereā€™s a bit of conflict with there? Does Arteta actually rate him?

7 Likes

Kid should have gone out on loan.

Clearly the u23s is below his current level, itā€™s mismanagement imo

1 Like

Going to Everton for 40 Mill once DCL joins a team competing for Europe :joy:

2 Likes

Honestly though, they sold the kid all those dreams about getting integrated into the team and to wait for his chance(with Auba and Laca still on the team) only for them to now be looking at other starboy strikers, prepared to break our transfer record. :rofl:
I get embracing competition but the kid isnā€™t even getting ahead of Nketiah who is set to leave in 2022. Is he gonna magically compete for the spot up top next year?

I hope the club is paying attention to Primeira Liga in Portugal.
So many Primeira Liga exports have come to the Premier League and hit the ground running.
The Ronaldo influence has been massive and we need to take advantage of this.

Pedro Goncalves has basically replaced Brunoā€™s production at Sporting. He certainly looks the statistically.

I mean for a while there Wolves were the Portugese U23 team or thereabouts :sweat_smile: For us I think for a while the problem was also that the top clubs (Porto, Benfica, Sporting) there are notoriously expensive to buy from, nowadays thatā€™s maybe a relatively smaller issue for us.

What a sensational midfielder this guy is.

1 Like

So with Aubameyang seemingly hitting rock bottom form and decline wise, who should we get to replace him? The obvious choice going off recent rumours is Vlahovic for Ā£70m, Iā€™d much rather a Prem proven striker. Ollie Watkins would be ideal for me. About 20m cheaper and is proven that he can do it in the toughest league, and hes a Gooner so why not, failing that Iā€™d take DCL.

1 Like

He was very good yesterday against City yesterday.

Toney is the higher IQ player but Watkins is better overall as he also has his speed which is very punishing.
I think neither are as good finishers as Auba at his peak but itā€™d be tough to find a finisher as deadly as Auba was in his heyday.

Yeah Auba in his prime was devastating, unfortunately only player right now that matches that goalscoring record is Haaland, and theres no fucking chance he comes here. We just need someone who is consistent, I expect goalscorers to go through a barren spell, they all do. But its happened to Auba twice in 2 seasons now and his pace is shot. Might be time to maybe reposition, maybe as a False 9? Playing the wingers through similar to 'Pool

What does a premier league proven striker guarantee us? Havenā€™t we seen enough examples of players moving from different PL clubs and not working out for this myth to be dispelled completely.

If we sign an Ollie Watkins weā€™re signing a mid table striker from a club who have spent the best part of the last decade achieving nothing of note. Heā€™d be leaving Villa to join a totally different club, in a different city, that players different brand of football and comes with more pressure than heā€™d have ever experienced at all of his previous clubs combined.

1 Like

Oh boy, Iā€™ve seen this argument before. :sob:
I ainā€™t joining in on this one again.

I think a proven PL striker would be nothing to sniff at.

But one season at a mid table club bagging 14 goals doesnā€™t make you a proven PL striker.

Players like that suddenly becoming a consistent 20 goal PL striker at a new club is as much of a reach and gamble as anybody else is likely to be imo.

1 Like