Transfer Wishlist

I don’t think Watkins has a weakness in his game.
Work-rate, positioning, can run at people, good in the air, can score a variety of goals, can pass the ball well too.

I think Bamford is a close second to be an all-around striker but Watkins definitely has the edge for me.

If that was the case in terms of no weaknesses would they have gone out and got Ings?

I don’t think so.

See, that’s why there’s a bit of concern within their fanbase. They fear Villa are expecting to sell him to us, Liverpool or Tottenham.

A bit like how they did with Grealish.

Watching Villa against Watford the difference between Ings and Watkins was like night and day. Watkins is a bigger nuisance for defenders than Ings.
Watkins will be the main guy when he returns from injury.

Watkins does have weakness lol. He is a average finisher with the best work rate lol. He is a better version of Welbeck. Villa knew they could not rely only on him at brought in Danny Ings. Calvert-Lewin style would have Watkins does have weakness lol. He is a average finisher with the best work rate lol. He is a better version of Welbeck. Villa knew they could not rely only on him at brought in Danny Ings. Calvert-Lewin style would have been ineffectual against better opposition. But would help us beat against the bottom 10 sides. Not sure Bamford he is a poor goal scorer and also should not be the main man for a serious team .he needs a coach like Biesla to get the best out of him. I would have gambled on Ollie Watkins. been ineffectual against better opposition. Not sure about Bamford as I think he needs a coach like Biesla to get the best out of him. I would have gambled on Ollie Watkins but he would cost 50 million . They club should just do the logic thing and just play Auba at CF.

Yet his record against the big six in his first PL season is great.

Greenwood might go down as the best of the lot down the line. At fast i though I was basically a English version of podolski who was only good at shooting the ball hard with his led foot while not offering the team much in other areas.Greenwood’s overall play in terms of creating chances really improves teams. His shooting technique and shoot power is ridiculous. Greenwood by the end of the season will take someone like Calvert Lewin place in the England squad. Since we need something different than Harry Kane from time to time.

1 Like

Exactly.
These players are at mid table clubs for a reason.
They’re mid table level strikers.

I can’t believe we’re selling our best player and looking at replacing him with the likes of Toney, Watkins, Abraham, etc.

We’re acting like the mid table club we’re going to become.

1 Like

No disrespect to Auba but he hasn’t looked our best player for quite a while.
Apart from speculation from us, there hasn’t been any concrete indication that the club is shopping him around anyway.
They are however shopping Laca around, whose contract expires next summer. Abraham was touted as a Laca replacement.

1 Like

Aubameyang is our best player he’s one of the most potent goal scorers in Europe over the last 8 years. He didn’t lose the ability to score he was a great goalscorer when he arrived here it’s no surprise he doesn’t look our best when our stupid manager thinks running him ragged on the left wing (something he did in his 20s before becoming a great striker) is a good option.

11 Likes

He predominantly played centrally last season. His record was still better on the left though.

Anyway, Auba is staying. No reliable report is suggesting otherwise. No point panicking about him getting sold.

How many games did he play centrally last season? And his season was interrupted by illness, injury and just some of the worst chance creation I remember in my years as an Arsenal fan.

3 Likes

Transfermarkt says 25.

I’d take Bamford here but honestly none of those names are taking us from where we sit in the table up to top 4.

1 Like

When you realize there is still cash to burn by settling for Odegaard(both in fee and wages).

Gabriel Jesus or Ollie Watkins for Lacazette and we eating good.

2 Likes

BBC gossip:
Barcelona want £12.8m for 18-year-old Spanish midfielder Ilaix Moriba. The teenager has attracted interest from Wolves but the Catalan club are yet to receive an acceptable offer. (ARA via Molineux News)

Wish we’d just pay up, we seem to be interested in high potential young players if they’re expensive, but not if they’re cheap/reasonably priced, Onana, Ajer, Moriba, Edouard, Dumfries, Aouar, Darwin Nunez (seen Brighton bidding for him, top player on FM). Probably missed a load out.

Suppose Lokonga is an exception to this, and I think Odegaard is good value, just also happens to be a lot of money

4 Likes

So we are nearing the end of the window…and we still need a RB and possibly a new striker (to replace Laca) and a new CM.

Anyone else thinking that there could be an opportunity to sign Saul Niguez…all the other clubs have shown little or no interest in the player, and the player seems to want a new challenge. Xhaka hasn’t signed his new contract YET, so anyone else up for going back to Roma to negotiate a deal, so we could move and sign Saul Niguez? Reunite Partey and Saul in the centre of our midfield? :partying_face:

Yep we need 3 players for those positions you mention, but failure to remove dead wood and already spending 140 million quid or whatever I can’t see it happening.

1 Like

Is this true? Thought that the new deal for that clown was complete.

Where would he go? There isn’t a market for him. I’m fine letting him rot in the reserves. Maybe they could beg Roma for another bid.

I’d take a chance on Schick or Dolberg. This is mainly off the back of their impressive Euros performances. Schick especially has the makings of a +15 goal a season CF.

1 Like

Not sure about those 2. Going off of a good international tournament when club form doesn’t back it up rarely goes well.

If we’re gonna go for a striker then they better go all out on a more proven player.