Transfer Wishlist

That squad is bereft of goals still.

1 Like

Again a pet beef of mine nothing coming from the midfield goals wise. Carried no threat from that position again last night.
Not advocating Elneny but his position on his goal Sunday was a tactic that should of been factored in last night.
Sheer bloody negligence. United get a lot of success off this.

6 Likes

The problem we have in this transfer window is that a new, competent manager might be able to get players like Guendouzi, Bellerin, Saliba, Lacazette, Nketiah, or even Willian.

This would mean we wouldn’t have to spend so much to get us back challenging for a top four place.
It’s no coincidence that previously good performing players have turned into average players under Arteta so a decent manager, like Tuchel has done at Chelsea and what Klopp did at Liverpool.

What ever happens, there is not going to be a massive amount of investment and there will be no elite players coming in and I doubt many of the under performers going out either.

I think with a top manager, and a couple of decent signings, we have enough talent to get us back to the CL places.

But, if we keep Arteta, it’s going to be the same next season as well.

I’m glad. No money spent until Arteta is out please.

He can’t utilise the good players he has got, he doesn’t need new ones.

I shudder to think what players he wants as well. Guy has awful taste.

2 Likes

If it were up to him it woulda been Aouar fucking up his value at Arsenal this season instead of at Lyon :joy::joy:

1 Like

Jean Pyerre. Brasilian locomotion.

Think Ajax are interested. Would be an easy flip for them after some CL exposure.

Edu needs to start greasing the hands that needs greasing with a couple of crates of stogies and steaks.

In fact, if we don’t raid the South American market to some degree, we’ve failed. Buying Premier League/European players with the premium they come with isn’t something we can dabble with right now. And whilst the ownership situation with some of these Brazilian lads are sketchy, I %100 expect Edu to pull some strings in a market he understands.

It just makes too much sense doesn’t it?

@BizzySignal @sevchenko

5 Likes

Hoping people go wild in this in the upcoming months. Anything goes.

And blame Edu, Arteta and KSE if they don’t get your ideal summer transfer targets.

2 Likes

Already a lot of changes in December? We got 1 player on loan while loaning 2 players out.

1 Like

Actually, we got 2 players on loan.
We let 3 senior players go for free(to be fair we still pay a good chunk of Ozil’s wages till the summer).
And also we let 4 players go out on loan.

1 Like

It really doesn’t matter how many of the players we change, Arteta is tactically inept and doesn’t have good man management skills. We’ve already seen a massive decline in performances from our best players, Thomas Partey was actually considered one of the best midfielders in Europe, look at him now!

The problem isn’t so much that the players are bad, they are definitely some way of challenging for the title but are better than the majority of squads above us in the league, the problem is the coach isn’t good enough. His tactics are bad, his plays are bad, his selections are bad and his in game management is terrible. Only signing we need this summer is a manager!

4 Likes

Odegaard and who?

1 Like

You have already forgotten Ryan? :sweat_smile:
(I assume others have as well as he has barely played)

2 Likes

Sounds like we can expect a mass exodus of players Arteta doesn’t like or has fell out with.

Judging from his actions since arriving here and some of his statements the past months it sounds like the players he wants to keep could be counted in a single hand.

The problem with trusting Arteta with the transfers is that he’ll keep the dross like Xhaka and get rid of the few decent players we have that he’s sent out on loan.

4 Likes

If we were to spend big in the following positions, who would you go out and buy(with the reality of no European football):

• GK (if Leno goes)
  • RB
  • RCB (if Luiz goes)
  • CM
  • AM

Not mentioning LB and ST as those will probably be more like depth signings.

1 Like

This dude can pass. He has a big frame too. Always a rare combination.

Could he be the one to replace the football of Vieira?

2 Likes

Hakimi, Fabian Ruiz, Buendia/Ødegaard

Dunk for CB if we signed again in that position but we spent ÂŁ30m on Saliba and need to be integrating him IMO.

RB: Hakimi/Chambers/Cedric
CB: Gabriel, Saliba, Mari, Holding, Chambers
LB: Tierney, new signing (homegrown ideally + competent for 10-15 games a year/not Cedric)

CM: Partey, Fabian, Xhaka, Elneny

AM: Buendia/Ødegaard, ESR
RW: Saka, Pepe, Buendia/Ødegaard, Willian
LW: ESR, Pepe, Martinelli, Willian

ST: Auba, Martinelli, Balogun

• Xhaka relegated to 3rd choice and not relied upon on as a starter
  • Martinelli 2nd choice CF and 3rd choice LW (should get enough minutes throughout whole season)
  • Willian is in the depth chart as 4th choice in both wide spots cause he won’t be able to be sold on his wages
  • Elneny and Holding remain as they aren’t on big wages and seem happy to be squad/depth options; they’re both way below the quality we need to be starting

Essentially a group of ESR, Saka, Buendia/Ødegaard (Whoever’s signed), Pepe, Martinelli as the main options for the 3 spots behind CF. Lots of positional versatility in this group; Pepe and Saka can both play on either flank as we’ve seen this season, ESR can start on the left and #10, Buendia can be #10 and RW etc.

Sold: Lacazette, Bellerin, Willock, AMN, Nketiah, Torreira, Guendouzi, (would actually give him a chance in pre season but for the sake of the post I’ll have him sold as he don’t see eye to eye with Arteta).

2 Likes

Also just realised we’re gonna be in some real shit next January/February with the African nations cup being played.

Auba, Partey and Pepe all gone for a month it seems. Even Elneny too.

3 Likes

I don’t think Hakimi is realistic. He only moved last summer for 40 million and has a long contract.

I like the look of Emerson Royal and he’s out of contract in the summer.

1 Like