Transfer Wishlist

I hear that but let me introduce you Mike “The Cone Master” Arteta who will prove to you why London Gunners is the best choice.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Anybody watched Menino before? Apparently Chelsea have been tracking him for a good while now but they’ve yet to make a move. From what I understand he is one of the best up and coming players in Brazil and is very versatile(can play RB :eyes:).

I wonder if we are also looking at him given we have Edu who is potentially scouting players there.

I’m sure it’s been posted somewhere in here or someone on twitter has reported our ‘interest’.

1 Like

If Chelsea could persuade Kane to go there next season they would have a title challenging team.

2 Likes

Right, I did a similar thing a while ago by specifying a transfer budget of £100m and asking who would you get with it.

I’ll step it up a notch by specifying which positions the club is targeting this summer based on various sources(Romano, Ornstein, etc.).

You decide who you want to get with that budget.

Budget: £100m

Positions:

• GK
  • RB
  • RCB(if Luiz leaves)
  • LB
  • CM
  • AM
  • ST(if Lacazette leaves)

I’ll go first.

My picks:

• GK: Ryan (£5m)
  • RB: Hakimi (£40m)
  • RCB: David Luiz (keep)
  • LB: Firpo (Loan)
  • AM: Buendia (£40m)
  • ST: Edouard (£15m)

Hakimi is probably the most unlikely one given his recent statements. Doubt he’ll want to leave Inter so soon. Can only see it happening if Inter are indeed tight with money and absolutely have to sell.

1 Like

What about CM? Ceballos won’t be back and I’m not sure if Guen will ever play under Arteta again. Torreira will go to Italy I think. Leaves you with Partey, Xhaka and Elneny. Willock may be back but he’s no better than a 4th choice in that position and should be sold to raise funs for starting position upgrades. Think we need to look into a midfield partner for Partey and making Odegaard permanent. He’s still above Buendia for me. If we go cheaper at #10, I like Brandt as an option.

2 Likes

RB Hakimi
LB Firpo
CM Bissouma
CAM Buendia
ST Edouard

Don’t care who’s palms they’ve to grease or how they setup the dodgy payments, but I think all of those would upgrade our squad and all of these are getable with Hakimi being the hardest.

I know everybody wants another #6/#8 but it seems like we won’t get one. Neither Ornstein or Fabrizio have mentioned that we are interested in one.
I don’t get it but it is what it is.

Per reliable sources:

• GK: Ryan permanent
  • RB: Hakimi top target. Lamptey in the list but not at the top.
  • RCB: If Luiz leaves. No name mentioned.
  • LB: Reported we were interested in Firpo in January. Haven’t heard another name since. Ornstein has repeatedly mentioned that we’re looking at someone young, a protégé of Tierney.
  • AM: Odegaard. Aouar and Buendia appreciated by the club. Fekir also an alternative.
  • ST: If Laca leaves. No name mentioned

It genuinely looks like we’ll stick with Willock or Guendouzi. Or maybe AMN, but I really doubt that as he seems convinced about moving on. Same with Torreira.

We have been tracking Bissouma but so have most of Europe it seems.

2 Likes

The names being thrown about are so mid table

3 Likes

Here’s my nightmare transfer market:

Coutinho on loan

Aguero on a four year contract

Chase a RB all summer…sign nobody

Extend Luiz’s contract and re-loan Saliba to Nice

It all feels very plausible.

7 Likes

You never know with this club. :face_vomiting:

No way Aguero is going to a team as shit as this, so you’re safe there.

I imagine someone like Juan Mata is far more likely :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Is Mata out of contract this summer? We know Edu loves a freebie.

:bellcry:

1 Like

I forgot Elneny absolutely gets an extension in the nightmare scenario. We go into next season with Xhaka, Partey and Elneny as our rotation. Inexcusable.

2 Likes

Thing is, I can legit see this happening

3 Likes

Budget: £100m

Positions:

GK: Donnarumma (Free Transfer)
RB: Hakimi £40m)
RCB: Saliba (Return from Loan)
LB: Tagliafico (£13m)
AM: Buendia (£32m)
ST: Edouard (£15m)

I’d also buy Bissouma as I think we need to strengthen central midfield as well.

1 Like

I’d love the Aguero one to happen.

You’re forgetting that these guys will find some Kia client we didn’t even think of or knew existed.

I mean who called Pablo Mari?

Trust the process though… :xhaka:

4 Likes