Transfer Wishlist

:thinking:

Maybe Partey should at the base of a triangle midfield. His partners could be an offensive playmaker (a number ten) and a box to box midfield with high skills in terms of passing, vision, stamina.

Partey - Jordan or Brandt - Odegaard
Elneny - Guendouzi - GonƧalves

Is this cunt still ours? Ffs thought we got rid.

Yeah, heā€™s on loan at Schalke, giving them that extra push to relegation.

2 Likes

Sorry, I spelt Camavinga wrong.

I think Partey needs to be a single pivot. He looks like a totally different player when heā€™s able to spread out. In a weird way I wonder if partnering him in a double pivot makes him more cautious and less effective.

1 Like

Between the transfer fee and wages I think thatā€™s the total yearā€™s budget gone right there, if we could somehow convince him to join :joy:

Dont disagree we should go for him if we can though, just have to hope we can sneak in while the other big clubs are going all out for Messi, Mbappe, Haaland and Lukaku

Perfect opportunity to be fair. Heā€™s had a tough season.
We re probably one of the only clubs who can offer him a good platform, solid wages and clear path to the first team.
Madrid is possibly another with Modric turning 100 years old soon. :sweat_smile:
I guess the catch is that Madrid will be focusing elsewhere.

We need an exciting, spontaneous attacking player like Saint-Maximin.

2 Likes

2 Likes

We have one at home.
:pepe1:

Pepe just aint it chief

Twice the player ASM is to be fair. :grin:
Honestly though, Arteta couldnā€™t manage a player with flair like ASM to save his life.

2 Likes

How so?

I want Pepe to come good, but heā€™s lacking killer instinct.

Pepe currently performs better than Saint-Maximim.
Allanā€™s goal contributions ainā€™t nothing to rave about. Plus, heā€™s had his fair share of injuries, has been given more freedom at Newcastle and doesnā€™t have the pressure of being Ā£72m player playing at Arsenal.

1 Like

Tbf if youā€™re frustrated by Pepeā€™s style of play watching ASM all season will put you in an early grave. I personally donā€™t mind these types of players though as I feel the good outweighs the bad more often than not.

Iā€™m actually the opposite as I feel they donā€™t fit into team systems and itā€™s imperative they do these days.
Need too be more complete and football savvy like Sterling and hopefully Saka.

1 Like

I can appreciate it that, I think for me I like the gamble, the reality is if someone like Pepe or ASM refines their game and finds true consistency then you have next Hazard type that could easily carry you through a season.

Youā€™ll not get any argument from me though that players like Saka who excel at the fundamentals arenā€™t probably the safer option, just look at Bayern with a full team of players like that and the success it brings them. Iā€™d love us to have better footballers throughout our team but I do love the odd luxury and flair player in there too.

2 Likes

Oh youā€™re mentioning him again :roll_eyes: Why donā€™t you just marry him?

I wish. Iā€™d be entitled to a fortune.

Toddy! :gun:

1 Like